News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs of China by Safari Ltd.

Started by Ikessauro, July 27, 2014, 09:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

tyrantqueen

Pretty cool, it's always awesome when companies give a shout out to fans.

Blade-of-the-Moon

DC

Quote from: Ikessauro on July 28, 2014, 12:13:59 AM
I asked about it on Safari's Facebook page and someone named Moni Rubel from Miami answered saying it was not part of the set. Do you guys know if this person is an employee from Safari?
You can believe Moni (Ramona) her dad started the company and she ran it until just a few months ago.

The Velociraptor was originally a singleton release.  It was released in numbered collectable boxes as a limited run.  Later they kept producing it and grouped it with the China series figures for sales.  Then later repainted it. John Feduccia, the famous birds ar enot dinosurs guy, used it in a video when demonstrating how raptors were not able to climb trees. The Carnegie people really resented China series and I imagine they gave Safari grief over it.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

DinoToyForum

Gwangi

Quote from: DC on August 08, 2014, 04:25:16 PM
The Velociraptor was originally a singleton release.  It was released in numbered collectable boxes as a limited run.  Later they kept producing it and grouped it with the China series figures for sales.  Then later repainted it. John Feduccia, the famous birds ar enot dinosurs guy, used it in a video when demonstrating how raptors were not able to climb trees. The Carnegie people really resented China series and I imagine they gave Safari grief over it.

I remember that but I think you mean Alen Feduccia although I think it was Larry Martin who was on the show, another BAND supporter who recently passed away actually.

Libraraptor

Can anyone estimate the value of these figures and the fossil backdrop nowadays?

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 05, 2019, 10:31:46 PM
Can anyone estimate the value of these figures and the fossil backdrop nowadays?

Checking eBay, there's a Yangchuanosaurus that was going for $20 complete in box that didn't sell. There's one on there now with no backdrop for $32. Mamenchisaurus usually goes for more and Therizinosaurus usually goes for less from what I've seen.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.