News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I

Papo Acrocanthosaurus (2017 ver.) RETIRED

Started by indominus, December 17, 2017, 11:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indominus

Just wanted to let everybody know that according to EverythingDinosaur.com, the Papo Acrocanthosaurus is to be retired after just one year of production, in favour of a repainted version to be released in 2018. I would urge anyone thinking of purchasing this fantastic model to do so quickly, as EverythingDinosaur (along with other retailers)  only have a limited stock, and when it runs dry the price of the figurines will inflate on auction sites such as Ebay.

Link to the page:
https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2017/12/07/papo-acrocanthosaurus-model-retired.html

Irritation

Shonisaurus

I recommend that people who do not have it and obviously are interested in it, buy it, because if it is later sold on eBay, the price will revalue in the market. Buying the acrocanthosaurus arcoiris de Papo is an investment in every rule in the medium and long term.

Reptilia

Is it the picture or yours is a bit shiny, Irritation?

Georassic

Reptilia

What happened to the original poster here? Was he banned?

Irritation

Quote from: Reptilia on December 26, 2017, 11:06:44 AM
Is it the picture or yours is a bit shiny, Irritation?
I think it might be both the picture and the weathering but could also be the light.

Ravonium

Quote from: Reptilia on December 26, 2017, 05:52:52 PM

I think his account was deleted on his behalf. This was the same guy who got berated because he said he doesn't know why Safari Ltd is still in business, as well as that the Papo Amargasaurus looks like a CollectA/Safari Ltd figure.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Ravonium on December 26, 2017, 06:13:41 PM
Quote from: Reptilia on December 26, 2017, 05:52:52 PM

I think his account was deleted on his behalf. This was the same guy who got berated because he said he doesn't know why Safari Ltd is still in business, as well as that the Papo Amargasaurus looks like a CollectA/Safari Ltd figure.

Actually I don't think so. His topic was closed by the admin and he went and created another thread. I suspect that was what got him banned. He told me via email that he was banned for trolling. I don't wanna say any more than that because he's not here to defend himself.

Reptilia

Trolling? He had some unpleasant (for some) opinions, but I don't see how what he said, or the fact that he wanted to promote a new forum, can qualify as trolling. That's strange, and a little disheartening too. At least I hope he didn't get banned on people's demand.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Reptilia on December 27, 2017, 12:42:20 AM
Trolling? He had some unpleasant (for some) opinions, but I don't see how what he said, or the fact that he wanted to promote a new forum, can qualify as trolling. That's strange, and a little disheartening too. At least I hope he didn't get banned on people's demand.
It wasn't what he said but how he said it, as has been elaborated on many times already.

If he got banned it was because he actively refused to acknowledge his mistakes, even actively trying to re-instigate arguments on several occasions, and several times directly ignored requests by staff and continued what he was doing exactly.

Reptilia

This last answer tells a lot. Well, hopefully he won't have hard feelings in case the forum he's trying to launch will actually take off.

suspsy

So where's this new forum that he was shilling anyway?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ravonium

Quote from: suspsy on December 27, 2017, 12:48:20 PM
So where's this new forum that he was shilling anyway?

Here:
[link removed because I don't want to get into any trouble with the forum in question]

I think it is safe to say that his new forum has already failed to take off.

John

The Acrocanthosaurus is gone this fast?!?Didn't it just come out this past year?
At least there will still be the one with the new color scheme which looks better in my opinion (not that the one with the purple was bad though) available in it's place. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

PhilSauria

The Acrocanthosaurus was on my wants list but it had yet to reach the top when the new one was announced. Still on my list but guess which version I'll be buying now? I did not have a dislike for the original version I just feel that the repaint is more naturalistic.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.