You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

World's largest dinosaur footprint found in Australia.

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, May 21, 2018, 12:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prehistory Resurrection

Hello all fellow members and readers of the DinosaurToyForum, I was watching a video on Youtube saying that the world's largest dinosaur footprint was found in Australia. I just wanted to add this interesting fact to the Palaeontology section of the forum. If anyone knows or assume the name of the dinosaur, then leave a comment. It may be a titanosaur or a large theropod, I am not too sure.

Newt

It's a sauropod, presumably a titanosaur, as they were the only big sauropods around at the time the tracks were made. However, no large sauropod body fossils of that age are known from Australia, so for now the maker is still a mystery. Read more here.

ITdactyl

I hope we don't get punks destroying those footprints for kicks...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.