News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite childhood Toy

Started by Brocc21, September 16, 2018, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brocc21

Safari ltd.'s Carnegie carnotaurus from 2011. Being a favorite dinosaur of mine I loved this guy. There are others but thins guys on top!
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

IrritatorRaji

This guy made my childhood, this toy was my biggest obsession. Took him on holiday, learned how to play guitar with him, used him as a reference when learning to draw, and always used him as a fierce apex predator when playing with him. Such fond memories.

Carnage Resaurus Velociraptor. Not my image, currently have him in storage. I need to clean him at some point, he's covered in "blood" (red play-doh)

Brocc21

That's a preety sick looking toy you got their sir. Most of my toys were Carnegie and replicasaurus by Schleich. I had a few more obscure toys though.

Shonisaurus

For me my favorite toys of my childhood (I was 3 to 5 years old) were prehistoric animals that were sold in envelopes and that certainly did not stand, they were of very poor quality but for me they were my favorite toys and cost around 5 pesetas if I remember correctly.

The paper envelope was decorated with retro paintings of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals.

Brocc21

ITdactyl

Mine'd be a Marx Brontosaurus and a generation 1 Dinobot Sludge.  I'm a pterosaur nut, but bronto was my childhood soul animal.

mgaguilar

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on September 16, 2018, 11:07:58 PM
This guy made my childhood, this toy was my biggest obsession. Took him on holiday, learned how to play guitar with him, used him as a reference when learning to draw, and always used him as a fierce apex predator when playing with him. Such fond memories.

Carnage Resaurus Velociraptor. Not my image, currently have him in storage. I need to clean him at some point, he's covered in "blood" (red play-doh)

Mine was the Carnage Rex! So much playability in those figures, and getting him to stand was just another fun point when I was done playing.  :))

Brocc21

I looked up a picture of that T.rex. It looks cool dude.

dyno77

Im glad i kept most of the old dinosaur i used have in a box stored away. Most are cheap plastic figures and a few mini dinosaurs as well as a few jurassic park 1-3 dinosaurs all stored away in a large box .

Syndicate Bias

Had a mini Giganotosaurus in a green book box thingy from the UK 10 years ago.

Lost it when I forgot to take it out of my chest of safari minis and everything dinosaur related when I donated them to goodwill after some religious lady told me they weren't real and stuff lol. I regret everything to this day

I'm still trying to find it :( I've looked at every corner of the internet and nothing. I even found a rare sight of the DK Giganotosaurus actually sculpted to look as detailed as the books in an exhibition in Scotland or something. I wish I had saved that pic I forget how I came across it but I have to find this mini green giga that assembles and mlm is the same size as a safari Ltd TooB dino.

Theropodavid

Safari Ltd. Velociraptor 1993, this figure fascinated me, the "The speedy predator" seemed to be a realy dangerous animal.
+ other carnegies of the 90s, like Yangchuanosaurus, Therizinosaurus, Protoceratops, Dilophosaurus pair, Corythosaurus, Deltadromeus, Quetzalcoatlus, Brachiosaurus and Saltasaurus. It's too bad I lost a couple.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on October 20, 2018, 09:31:27 PM

Lost it when I forgot to take it out of my chest of safari minis and everything dinosaur related when I donated them to goodwill after some religious lady told me they weren't real and stuff lol. I regret everything to this day

I'm still trying to find it :( I've looked at every corner of the internet and nothing. I even found a rare sight of the DK Giganotosaurus actually sculpted to look as detailed as the books in an exhibition in Scotland or something. I wish I had saved that pic I forget how I came across it but I have to find this mini green giga that assembles and mlm is the same size as a safari Ltd TooB dino.

Always dangerous to listen to religious ladies. Anyway, I think I have that Giganotosaurus, it's by Cog Ltd. Happy to part with it if you're interested:

Does that look right?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 21, 2018, 09:32:01 PM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on October 20, 2018, 09:31:27 PM

Always dangerous to listen to religious ladies. Anyway, I think I have that Giganotosaurus, it's by Cog Ltd. Happy to part with it if you're interested:

Does that look right?

Ooof it was an older version of the Giganotosaurus that didnt have stumbles or spikes or anything. Just slim and smooth texture. It came in a green box and it was in pieces like a resin kit. But I am deciding on what you've got there to offer. How much are you looking for?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on October 22, 2018, 09:04:28 AM
Ooof it was an older version of the Giganotosaurus that didnt have stumbles or spikes or anything. Just slim and smooth texture. It came in a green box and it was in pieces like a resin kit. But I am deciding on what you've got there to offer. How much are you looking for?

Dang, I was sure this would be it. The original COG release came in a little book-shaped box with a small chain so you could hang it from a backpack or whatever. And this came in several pieces that slotted together with different-shaped pegs. Anyway, for this I'd do $4 plus shipping.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.