News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

SH camouflage

Started by Paleo SH, August 19, 2016, 04:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleo SH

No need to genetically engineered a hybrid that could camouflage as pure blood dinos predator and prey already possess that...

Giganotosaurus

His bright orange skin could fool his preys...same thing to this sauropod ..

Derek.McManus

:) They certainly blend in with your scenery background, did you construct it specially to display your models?

Paleo SH

The layout is partly for my  HO train model, coincidentally like u said some of the dinos skin colour match them.
Now all my dinos are kept there , a sanctuary for them 😌

Derek.McManus

Very good, I like model railways as well as dinosaurs too!

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Derek.McManus on August 19, 2016, 04:06:14 PM
Very good, I like model railways as well as dinosaurs too!

I also used to do both, but the dinosaurs kind of took over. I have no room for a permanent layout for my trains, and UK 00 models have got ridiculously pricey. I realised I didn't really have the dedication (or money!) to build up enough things for a layout, even if I had had the space.

I was also involved in an online 'incident' where a member of a not unrelated online community behaved in a very disrespectful way towards several others, including myself. It left a bad taste in my mouth, and I couldn't really make myself carry on with train-related stuff after that. It did mean that I could pend more on my dinosaur collection and other hobbies though, so every cloud has a silver lining I suppose.

I still think that railway modelling is a fascinating thing and love watching a really good layout in action. I used to focus on GWR steam. There's nothing quite like seeing a real live steam locomotive in action. The GWR ones are some of the most attractive in my opinion, although I've never seen any of those particular machines in person.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Derek.McManus

:) I find it very interesting how modelling and collecting things can sometimes end up encompassing what seem to be completely different pastimes! Over the years I have been involved in model railways, military models, war gaming and collecting animals and dinosaurs. Strangely I always come back to the railways and the dinosaurs but those where my childhood hobbies.

You are entirely correct about cost I find it really difficult to afford any hobbies or collecting at the moment. I would like to construct a small harbour side layout based very loosely on one of the Scottish coastal railway harbours but am still in the process of research at the moment!

The GWR is a classic and very attractive railway subject. My father and I did a LNER layout when I was young but it's long gone now.

I really don't understand why some people need to be less than well mannered on line it makes me sad sometimes, I suspect it's something to do with the lack of visual clues that result from non face to face communication.

All the best Derek

Justin_

I'm interested in really good scale models of pretty much anything, whether that's big models of small things or small models of big things. Separately from that I'm interested in railways, especially old, industrial narrow gauge systems. Obviously I'm interested in dinosaurs, so model dinosaurs and model railways are a crossover for me. However, I don't really collect much of anything. I like to see what's available and what other people have without needing to own it myself.

Derek.McManus

I think with the enormous range of quality scale products available nowadays that nearly everyone likes to window shop on other people's collections, I know I do!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.