You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ever So Slightly Re-Posed Papo Cryolophosaurus

Started by IrritatorRaji, March 06, 2018, 11:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

Before vs After

I did say "ever so slightly"
In case you can't really see the changes though:

• Straighter tail
  • Leaning forward a little more
  • Head raised higher and made to face a little more forward
  • Crest bent forward a little more

Jose S.M.

To be honest I just caught the tail new position  :-[ :)) but only with that it looks much more natural, I prefer it like yours.

Reptilia

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on March 06, 2018, 11:58:44 AM

• Straighter tail

How did you do that?

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Reptilia on March 06, 2018, 02:12:39 PM
Quote from: IrritatorRaji on March 06, 2018, 11:58:44 AM

• Straighter tail

How did you do that?

Boiling water  (but a heat gun does the job much better. If I get my hands on one I might alter the pose further)

Reptilia

Expect it to revert to the original position then, that method doesn't work permanently on PVC figures. The result is pretty cool though. It also seems to have a better balance positioned like this.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Reptilia on March 06, 2018, 02:20:46 PM
Expect it to revert to the original position then, that method doesn't work permanently on PVC figures. The result is pretty cool though. It also seems to have a better balance positioned like this.

I've used it on other models before and they haven't reverted back yet, I think I did about 4 last year and only one (Papo Baryonyx) reverted back. So I'm kinda confident it'll stay put.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.