News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Repairing Papo

Started by Psy06, January 11, 2018, 07:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psy06

Need help! What type of glue or solvent can melt the plastic-rubber  from which the PAPO dino figurines are made? My caprosuhus came with a broken tooth and a crest on the tail :(

Glue for plastic model kits and acetone not work :(

Psy06

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 11, 2018, 08:14:39 AM

https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-Plastics-Bonding-Activator-681925/dp/B000Y3LHXW/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1515658932&sr=1-1&keywords=loctite+plastic

Is it a cyanoacrylate based adhesive, i.e basic "superglue" whith booster? Actually it is not what I want, because I think it will not be able to fix the tooth so that it does not fall off at a constant mechanical stress.

I need method to restore the figure to its original strength so that it can withstand the "normal load" of the toy. To glue and not breathe on it, this is not what I need.

This is damaged places :

pako

Might be cheaper to buy a new one  8)

stargatedalek

You should demand a refund if it arrived like that.

SidB

If you still have the broken pieces, one possibility is to drill each side of the break, insert an appropriately sized piece of brass, and then superglue. That will give it the requisite strength and durability.

Psy06

Quote from: SidB on January 11, 2018, 07:28:55 PM
If you still have the broken pieces, one possibility is to drill each side of the break, insert an appropriately sized piece of brass, and then superglue. That will give it the requisite strength and durability.

Yes, I have it, dut I don't so good to perform such precise operation :(

Reptilia

In addition to the broken one isn't your Kaprosuchus also completely missing a tooth? Instead of trying to repair it I would suggest you to ask the seller for a replacement.

Joey

You should just ask the seller for either a refund or replacement.

bigbear

I would use Milliput. Make a hole in the tooth/spine/whatever and force a little Milliput into it, shaping it roughly to the final shape you want. Finish it off when dry with a bit of cfraft knife sculpting and sanding. A dro pof paint to blend it in and it'll last as long as the figure. I use it for all sort of things.