You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary 4-Film Box-Set

Started by Loon, March 02, 2018, 08:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Source: http://jurassicoutpost.com/four-jurassic-park-films-releasing-4k-may/the

"Revealed on Amazon, all four Jurassic Park films (yes, that means Jurassic World) will be released in 4K on May 22nd, 2018 in celebration of the first Jurassic's 25th Anniversary. For the first time ever, the Jurassic franchise has been remastered in 4K (also known as Ultra-HD), featuring a far higher resolution and 'High Dynamic Range (HDR) for Brighter, Deeper, More Lifelike Color." - Chris Pugh, Jurassic Outpost

Pre-Order: http://amzn.to/2t9GE3r

"Available to pre-order now the 'Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary Collection' ($79.98) set features a total of 8-discs, with each 4k film on their own discs, and the special features on another." - Chris Pugh, Jurassic Outpost

Credit to: Chris Pugh, Jurassic Outpost

CityRaptor

If we wait another 5 years, we can probably get a six movie box set. That being said, I think I'll need a blue ray player at some point...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

pako

Yep I'll do that too, wait another 5 years to get something complete, except if there is some exclusive figures of some sort coming with that one

Reptilia

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 02, 2018, 09:55:31 AM
If we wait another 5 years, we can probably get a six movie box set.

Ditto. I wonder how many times we're supposed to buy the same thing, over and over. I have the original trilogy on a 4 DVD set, the three movies plus a disc of extras, and JW on a 2 DVD set. Why should I buy again everything each time a new format's coming out? What's the point in having a continuously improved quality (DVD, Blu-ray, now 4K) on almost 30-year-old movies? I suppose the more the video quality's enhanced the more you're going to notice flaws in CG that's decades old.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Reptilia on March 02, 2018, 09:59:29 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on March 02, 2018, 09:55:31 AM
If we wait another 5 years, we can probably get a six movie box set.

Ditto. I wonder how many times we're supposed to buy the same thing, over and over. I have the original trilogy on a 4 DVD set, the three movies plus a disc of extras, and JW on a 2 DVD set. Why should I buy again everything each time a new format's coming out? What's the point in having a continuously improved quality (DVD, Blu-ray, now 4K) on almost 30-year-old movies? I suppose the more the video quality's enhanced the more you're going to notice flaws in CG that's decades old.
Actually, video cameras have been ahead of discs in quality for a very long time, so it's not like the film is just being blown up or even edited to fit the new size.

Patrx

The original movies were all shot on film, not video. There's no theoretical limit to how much the digital copies can be improved, but yes, the film grain, as well as the CGI elements and compositing mattes, will stand out more at higher resolutions. Imperfections which were invisible before will become more apparent with higher-res copies. If you have the first film on Blu-Ray, take a look at the Gallimimus stampede frame-by frame. There's a lot of complex compositing there, all done by hand, and the matte shapes are understandably imperfect.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.