You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

LA Museum of Natural History Photo Gallery

Started by dgmilner, November 03, 2013, 01:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgmilner

https://picasaweb.google.com/107747966331221796816

I've posted pictures of the dinosaur exhibit at the Los Angeles Museum of Natural History.

You'll in addition find photo galleries of:

* Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History (New Haven, CT)
* Harvard Museum of Natural History (Cambridge, MA)
* Field Museum (Chicago, IL)
* Chinasaurs (Greenwich, CT)
* Royal Ontario Museum - Including Ultimate Dinosaurs: Giants from Gondwana (Toronto, Canada)
* Dino Kingdom 2012 (Tokyo, Japan)
* Dino Jaws (London, UK)
* Chinasaurs (Baltimore, MD)
* Smithsonian Museum of Natural History (Washington, DC)
* American Museum of Natural History - Including World's Largest Dinosaurs (New York, NY)
* Museum of Natural History - Including Age of the Dinosaur (London, UK)
* National Museum of Science and Nature (Tokyo, Japan)
* Dino Expo 2011 (Tokyo, Japan)
* Dinosaurs x Tokyo Tower (Tokyo, Japan)
* Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Tokyo, Japan)
* Burpee Museum of Natural History - Including Giants: African Dinosaurs (Rockford, IL)
* Academy of Natural Sciences (Philadelphia, PA)
* Museum of Science (Boston, MA)
* Colossal Dinosaurs (Rochester, NY)

mgaguilar

Just stopped by the National History Museum of Los Angeles County and took some photos. Here are the mobile uploads. I'll get on the DSLR raws in a few days.

The Dinosaur Hall - Three Tyrannosaurus Rexes at various stages of a life cycle. Left is Teen, Center is Juvenile, and Right is sub-adult "Thomas."

Closer Up.

Closer Up Sub-Adult.

Closer Up Teen.

From second floor mezzanine.

Tyrannosaurus Teen Skull.

Smaller Allosaur Skull.

Carnotaurus.

Really nice hadrosaur presentation.

Large Sauropod vertebrae.

Flattened skull of Triceratops.

Mosasaur.

Nimravus

The LA Museum of Natural History is impressive! I was there 5 years ago and I was astonished by their prehistoric life exhibition. I would dare to say that it is one of my favourites in the world! Wow!! That may have been too much!
It is at least worth a visit!

mgaguilar

@Nimravus, I was pleasantly surprised. The mammalian evolution hall is crisp and clean as well. Absolutely adore the exhibits here.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

This is a pretty excellent museum. I'm sad I've only been there once. :(

Libraraptor

Must be an interesting Place, thank you for sharing!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.