News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Is the brown papo raptor rare?

Started by Syndicate Bias, April 21, 2018, 09:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

Hello all!

I wanted to just ask this as i see these go for hundreds om Ebay and it seems like the brown running rex is the same storu only rarer. Are these the only two rare figures? And what do you guys think is a reasonable process for them right now. I found a lot that had a brown raptor from papo for 24 dollars so i just bought it seeing getting one from the other sellers would be anywhere from 60-120 dollars

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ca%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273158084477

Im not very well versed on rare figures exactly so i hope o didnt get ripped off with the raptor :p

Reptilia

It isn't rare, there must be a lot around that were produced back in the day, but it's long discontinued so sellers make the price they want for it. It usually depends on the condition, if you don't look for a perfect mint condition one you can find an acceptable price. I got mine still in bag with tags a couple of years ago, for about 80 euros in total, shipping included. A used copy in a 24 dollars lot sounds like a good catch to me.

Moodyraptor

I got one in good condition for about 40 euros not so long ago from a French seller, and I've seen others listed for about the same price.  I think you were lucky to get one for just 24 dollars, but I think paying 100 bucks or more for one is pretty extortionate. 

Digibasherx

I picked up one not long ago in the thrift store for 2 dollars along with a few other Papos, so it shouldn't be rare.

Syndicate Bias

Woah thats a hell of deal haha. I assumed because of how pricey they seem to be on ebay

Minmiminime

Quote from: Digibasherx on April 22, 2018, 12:22:31 AM
I picked up one not long ago in the thrift store for 2 dollars along with a few other Papos, so it shouldn't be rare.

That is an absolute bargain 😃 I got a slightly scuffed one for around £24 from eBay, and thought I'd done rather well for that..!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

CityRaptor

Well, that is a lucky find. But keep in mind that people and also thrift stores are often not aware of what they actually have and sell it for less than what they could get for it. Got a few rare pieces that way.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Digibasherx

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 22, 2018, 10:04:19 AM

Well, that is a lucky find. But keep in mind that people and also thrift stores are often not aware of what they actually have and sell it for less than what they could get for it. Got a few rare pieces that way.

That's very true.  I think the person who gave away the dinos were somewhat of a collector.  They were all in great shape.  I saw the green running rex at a Mastermind toy store this week and I had to double check ebay if that was the rare one.  Unfortunately that was the Brown variety, but my heart jump a beat when I saw it.

CityRaptor

Could be one of those stories you often read/hear about happening in the US. The person moves out of the house ( often not permanently ) and his or her parents get rid of all of their "old junk".
Oh no

Digibasherx

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 22, 2018, 10:11:55 PM
Could be one of those stories you often read/hear about happening in the US. The person moves out of the house ( often not permanently ) and his or her parents get rid of all of their "old junk".

Yeah, it might be, because I just picked up a battat edmontonia from the boston museum series for 3 dollars, in excellent condition.  I hope the parents get rid of their battat diplo as well.  I'm really up for a good deal lol.

SidB

This is one of the joys of collecting - finding the unexpected and hardly even hoped for. Here in Toronto, there was a time when one could almost anticipate going out and finding a Battat or something else of worth in a second hand shop such as Value Village. Those days are gone, but the unanticipated can still occur. I was up in Brampton recently and (shock!) found a Battat v.3 T-Rex in a bag of toys for $3.99. This type of experience keeps one hopeful.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Digibasherx on April 29, 2018, 07:02:03 AM
Yeah, it might be, because I just picked up a battat edmontonia from the boston museum series for 3 dollars, in excellent condition.  I hope the parents get rid of their battat diplo as well.  I'm really up for a good deal lol.

Yeah. Good for you, but bad for them. Now imagine him/her coming home.
"Uh, mom, where are all my dinosaurs?"
"At the thrift store, honey."
"Even the rare and really expensive ones?"
"Even the rare and really expensive- What?"
"You know the ones worth several hundred dollars."

Personally I'm glad that I don't have parents like that. And that I got the brown Raptor when it was still available.
Oh no

Syndicate Bias

Eh i got it thru the post yesterday. Im only after the brown rex so i might just sell the raptor since im.not interested in keeping it

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.