News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Completing the Schleich Page

Started by SidB, April 12, 2018, 06:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

I must admit, quite willingly, that Suspsy serves as my exemplar for this thread, since he has shouldered the burden of several "Completing the ... " pages already. A search, on my part, for a Schleich page proved fruitless, so here it is! Why, you may ask, since this company has attracted a lot of flak, well-deserved, from many people, including yours truly. Well, several reasons:

1) Like it or not, its a major line, historically
2) There's a lot of Schleich dinosaurs (and prehistoric mammals, secondarily) out there
3) The vote counts on the DTB for reviews of their products are generally very high
4) They really have made some quite good items over the long drum-roll of the years

So, here's a list, doubtlessly not complete, of items still waiting for a review (hint, hint ...):

ReplicaSaurus:

Allosaurus, second edition, w/o moveable jaw, 2008
Apatosaurus, original blue tail-dragger
Apatosaurus blue baby for above
Elasmosaurus
Giganotosaurus, large original, w/o moveable jaw
Parasaurolophus, green, crouching forwards, original
Pteranodon, brown
Quetzalcoatlus original brown, outstretched wings
Quetzalcoatlus, second edition, white/ blue outstretched wings
Saichania, second edition, brown and big (prior to the World of History one with the grey back))
Stegosaurus original beige version
Stegosaurus second edition with reddish plates (the larger precursor of the W of History copy)
Triceratops original, bluish-grey, head down to charge
Tyrannosaurus Rex, first edition, brown, upright
Tyrannosaurus Rex, second edition, 2006?, brown, upright
Tyrannosaurus Rex, dark brown, horizontal pose

Smaller figures:

Apatosaurus, tail-dragger, grey 2004
Dilophosaurus 2002
Quetzalcoatlus c. 2002, brown
Velociraptor c. 2002, green

Velociraptor w/movable jaw

Giganotosaurus w/movable jaw
small Triceratops
small Therizinosaurus
small Tyrannosaurus Rex
small Velociraptor
small Dimorphodon

2015 minis

2016 minis

2017 minis (4)

Shonisaurus

I of scales and in absolute terms of paleontology I have no idea, but you can see the scale in this case of the standard Collecta dinosaurs in the page www.urzeitshop.de I pass for example, a link of the achelosaurus,

https://www.urzeitshop.de/de/collecta/418-achelousaurus-dinosaurier-spielzeug-von-collecta-4892900883557.html

The scale on which this figure is made is 1:40

I hope this helps you

Ravonium

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 12, 2018, 09:29:13 PM
I of scales and in absolute terms of paleontology I have no idea, but you can see the scale in this case of the standard Collecta dinosaurs in the page www.urzeitshop.de I pass for example, a link of the achelosaurus,

https://www.urzeitshop.de/de/collecta/418-achelousaurus-dinosaurier-spielzeug-von-collecta-4892900883557.html

I hope this helps you

Looks like you've posted in the wrong thread, Shonisaurus. I think this is the thread you're looking for:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6764.msg200430;topicseen#new

suspsy

Ah, this is good, well done! Off the top of my head, a few more you need to add to this list: the

2014 Velociraptor w/movable jaw
2015 Schleich Giganotosaurus w/movable jaw
2015 small Triceratops
2015 small Therizinosaurus
2015 small Tyrannosaurus rex
2015 small Velociraptor
2016 small Dimorphodon
All 2015 and 2016 miniatures
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Somehow the original ReplicaSaurus Tyrannosaurus got lost in the shuffle, so I'm adding it now.

stegosauria

Last year Schleich released 4 minis too even if they are already retiring.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Ravonium on April 12, 2018, 09:36:51 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 12, 2018, 09:29:13 PM

I hope this helps you

Looks like you've posted in the wrong thread, Shonisaurus. I think this is the thread you're looking for:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6764.msg200430;topicseen#new

Thank you, Ravonium I was wrong about the thread I'm so sorry.

SidB

@ suspsy
@stegosauria

Thanks for the updates, I've added them to the list. Looks like there's work cut out for any interested reviewers.

stegosauria

I had a good bunch of Schleich figures, not all that wait for a review but a good amount (even all the minis plus the puzzles). I didn't write any review yet but I'd like to review the Dimorphodon and the Waterhole set of the minis at least. Maybe I can do the red Therizinosaurus if nobody wants to do that.

Of the older models I had a Triceratops (I think the Replicasaurus one before the World of History one and originally that was the first entry on the blog), the white Quetzalcoatlus (that's missing from the list), the red plated Stegosaurus and I can make comparing photos of the last two and their smaller WoH versions too.

SidB

I've added the Quetzalcoatlus, plus the original brown one and the Pteranodon, all ReplicaSaurs plus a c. 2002 small Quetz. This list is a growth industry!

stegosauria

And I think the Anhanguera and the Saltasaurus from around 2006 should get a revisit too. The reviews are just a few rows with original promo shots.

SidB

Those were quite decent releases from Schleich. I have both, and the Saltasaurus, in particular, had real merit, back in the day.

IrritatorRaji

I could do the Suchomimus if no one else can?

SidB

That seems appropriate, though I'm not exactly sure who gives the go-ahead formally. General consensus?

SidB

Here's a thought - presupposing that reviewers typically should have a physical copy of a figure at hand in order to attempt a decent review of said specimen, perhaps many  of our reviewers  lack access to the listed animals. On the other hand, I have most of them and potentially am willing to loan out items for review. The catch is that I live in Toronto and don't know if there are interested parties nearby. Possibilities?

RobinGoodfellow

SidB

Splendid, and helpful (as usual). Thanks!

SidB

There's an updated and expanded review of Schleich's 2006-10 ReplicaSaurus version of the Saltasaurus, now on the DTB It was one of their best models, but apparently didn't sell well.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.