News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wanted: David Krentz Tyrannosaurus Rex Mundi 1/18

Started by songxingqi, March 31, 2017, 01:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

songxingqi

Hello.
  I'm currently searching for a RARE dinosaur model, David Krentz Tyrannosaurus Rex Mundi 1/18
  The lucky guys who have this one and if is available for sale, please no doubt PM me. The price is negotiable and would be quite good.
  Thank you for your attention!

postsaurischian

Blade has been looking for this one since I entered this forum 7 years ago. It's gonna be very tough to find one.

Crotalus

I don't know if you're still interested in locating a Krentz mundi Rex but, this weekend, I will be putting one on eBay.
I picked it up a few months ago but circumstances make it necessary for me to move much of what I own off to others.
When I received it, it had been assembled, poorly painted and was not completely together.
It's still boxed up so I don't remember correctly but, I think one toe was broken and the tip of the tail needs attaching.
It's complete, just needs someone with experience to work with it.
Anyhow, as I said, it should be up for sale in the models section of eBay's listings under monster.
I know this is a hard kit to come by.
I had been looking for a Krentz 'Wild Bill' kit when I came across this one.
Have a good evening.

Blade-of-the-Moon

still haven't caught one myself,  almost had one on ebay but was a second too late .  Thanks for the head's up, i'll keep an eye out on ebay for it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

ataraxus

David Krentz startet on Facebook an demand about this Piece:

"Look what I found in my garage.
To be honest, I've been sitting in this for years. Mike Fredericks was kind enough to send me his copy to be recast many years ago. I always wanted to update it a little but was terrified of messing with the only known pristine copy left in the world. Only about 30 of these were ever cast, maybe less. Truth is that I just don't have the time to resculpt anything these days and I just need accept that.
So I thought, whatever. If people can live with what T.rex was acceptable to our critical eyes in the year 2000 then why not cast this as is.
Anyone interested?"

Fantastic News, or?

Mackeral

That dynamic pose is awesome  :)
Might need to find out how to contact mr. Krentz outside FB.

Mackeral

Anybody with a FB account heard news about the re-issue of this model?

Blade-of-the-Moon

David has talked to our forum member, Tylosaurus about his kits.  The jist seems to be he is too busy at the moment with work and life to get to them at the moment.  He does hope to though and would like to..maybe even update them.

Tylosaurus

Hey guys David is an a old friend of mine that I knew even before the DTF days.
At times I chat to him via facebook every now and then, if he plans on returning I will let you know, but as of know he has a family to take care of and his busy job as well.
We'll have to let time take it's toll here.

Thanks for passing it on here Blade :)

Mackeral

Thank you Blade-of-the-Moon and Tylosaurus for the answers, we will see if the model ever will be re-released.
Luckely there are still a few smaller models from Krentz available through Dan's Dinosaurs.

Tylosaurus

Hey anytime man and yeaps Dan's Dinosaurs is the place to go for.
Even I thought that David used to have his own store as well hmm.

You could check this place as well, it seems David's Shapeways site is also still active:
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/krentz

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.