News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

DTCK's Art ("Stan")

Started by DeadToothCrackKnuckle, May 12, 2012, 12:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadToothCrackKnuckle

Here's my updated version of the tyrant lizard king.

All coments are appreciated. Thanks. :)

©Julius T. Csotonyi

Arioch

Well done! I like the colors and those body markings.

If you accept some critique, I think the legs are quite skinny and undermuscled, specially in the thighs. You should beef them up.

Gryphoceratops

Very cool.  I would lose the larger scales on the belly though.  I think there are actually skin impressions from the underside of a tyrannosaur on record and the scales are very fine.  Too small to see at a distance really. 

ZoPteryx

Very nice!  I like the coloration and quills.  One question, would we really be able to see all the way through his nostril?  :)

Sharptooth

A very good Rexy but, as Zopteryx mentioned, it's unlikely you could see tru the nostril... A fleshy nose would look more natural.  ;)

Maybe beef up the legs (as Arioch said) and erase the quills from his arms; feathered arms only work whey they can be used for display, brooding and, obviously, flying, and Tyrannosaurs don't strike me as animals that would have used their arms that way.

Other than that it'great, especially the colors  8)

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

DeadToothCrackKnuckle

Here's my rough sketch of "Stan." Didn't really feel like cleaning it up :P Hope you guys like it!

©Julius T. Csotonyi

Yutyrannus

Quote from: DeadToothCrackKnuckle on August 07, 2012, 02:48:37 AM
Here's my rough sketch of "Stan." Didn't really feel like cleaning it up :P Hope you guys like it!

Very cool! I like how the feathers are so widely spaced. Though I do think that the nasal ridge should be a bit knobbier. But other than that I really like it! Also about the first Stan, the scales on his belly are so varied in size and shape that it looks kind of like Smaug after he sat on his hoard of treasure ^-^.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: DeadToothCrackKnuckle on August 07, 2012, 02:48:37 AM

Nice one!  The torso may need to be a bit longer but I love the overall detail!  Not sure if the neck could have been that thick but its an interesting take on the animal none the less. 

DeadToothCrackKnuckle

The reason I made the neck so thick is because the feathers make sort of a "mane" to make the animal look bigger.

©Julius T. Csotonyi

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: DeadToothCrackKnuckle on August 07, 2012, 08:44:24 PM
The reason I made the neck so thick is because the feathers make sort of a "mane" to make the animal look bigger.

Oh ok cool

Himmapaan

Really lovely work! Perhaps the kind of fuzz T.rex might have had might not have been too conducive to producing such an abundant volume; but still, an interesting take!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.