News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co. Allosaurus with diorama base

Started by earth108, October 05, 2017, 11:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

earth108

Hi guys,

This is a painted Allosaurus soft model figure(previous version) from Favorite Co. I used a raw white figure from Favorite's paint-a-dinosaur set.
I also found a resin tree trunk and decided to add a rodent miniature in it.  This made a scene of an Allosaurus is spotting a primitive rodent in a wood hollow. Hope you guys like it :)

Please check the full-size pictures by clicking at the pictures. Feel free to leave comments.

Sides of Allosaurus and diorama base

earth108

Allo's face and other details

Diorama base

Hope you guys like it :)

Jose S.M.

The repaint is wonderful and the base looks great.

earth108

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on October 05, 2017, 12:44:43 PM
The repaint is wonderful and the base looks great.

Thank you very much Jose_S.M.  :)

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ceratopsian

Your repaints are always beautiful and well judged.  Love the hollow tree trunk and the mammal just peeking out.  It gives a touch of drama.

Daspletotyrannus

This looks amazing.  It has a much better paint job then what it originally had before. I love the mammal,  it looks like it is telling the Allosaurus to get away from the tree stump.

postsaurischian

:D Tasteful! Wonderful! You're very talented. I'd like to have a figure painted by you one day :).

Lanthanotus

I recently got that Allosaurus and I could not really warm myself to it, but this customization really gives it life. I like the attention to detail and the naturalistic choices for colors and patterns. Great work. Do you use airbrush or just usual brushes?

I got one smal nitpick for the base, as the feet of the Allo do not "sink" into the ground. Other than that, the base is damn good. I especially like that small puddle and the addition of that rodent,... gives the whole diorama a story of its own :)

Reptilia

Great repaint indeed, and a masterful work on the diorama overall. Quite a big rodent though, considering the proportions with the Allosaurus!

earth108

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 05, 2017, 01:04:46 PM
This is your future you big lizard!

Haha I guess he means it :))

Quote from: ceratopsian on October 05, 2017, 04:12:25 PM
Your repaints are always beautiful and well judged.  Love the hollow tree trunk and the mammal just peeking out.  It gives a touch of drama.

Thank you ceratopsian. I'm glad you like it :)

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on October 05, 2017, 06:07:16 PM
This looks amazing.  It has a much better paint job then what it originally had before. I love the mammal,  it looks like it is telling the Allosaurus to get away from the tree stump.

Thank you very much Dapletotyrannus. Yes, I think he's protecting his castle ;D

earth108

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 05, 2017, 08:01:19 PM
:D Tasteful! Wonderful! You're very talented. I'd like to have a figure painted by you one day :).

Than you very much postsaurischian. Feel free to contact me anytime :)

Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 05, 2017, 08:39:31 PM
I recently got that Allosaurus and I could not really warm myself to it, but this customization really gives it life. I like the attention to detail and the naturalistic choices for colors and patterns. Great work. Do you use airbrush or just usual brushes?

I got one smal nitpick for the base, as the feet of the Allo do not "sink" into the ground. Other than that, the base is damn good. I especially like that small puddle and the addition of that rodent,... gives the whole diorama a story of its own :)

Than you very much Lanthanotus. I use only paintbrush for this size of figures. I agreed about the feet. I got a tree trunk and making a base after the Allosaurus's paintjob was mostly finished so I'm quite afraid of grabbing and heavily stamping the feet on the textured base to show deeper footprint slots :)

Quote from: Reptilia on October 05, 2017, 10:33:49 PM
Great repaint indeed, and a masterful work on the diorama overall. Quite a big rodent though, considering the proportions with the Allosaurus!

Thank you very much Reptilia. Yes, the rodent model is the smallest size I could find but I also think it's scale is still quite big so I chose to consider that this size might existed but we just didn't discover yet :))

JohannesB

Exactly like Lanthanotus said: the figure is not really special, but it really comes to life in this setting/diorama and with this beautiful paint job. Excellent work. I love it.

BrontoScorpio

Well,

they said it all -
like Lanthanotus,  I also really like the attention to detail and the naturalistic choices for colors and patterns.
and like postsaurischian  I'd like to have a figure painted by you one day ... :)

the hollow tree trunk and the mammal just peeking out just remind me a work I adore :
The Matsomura shinubu Kaiyodo DINOLAND 1/35 Resin Mongolian Velociraptor :

Georassic

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.