News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sega Japan Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Statues......

Started by yankeetrex, July 25, 2018, 03:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ah ok, then I guess the Sofubi is the one i would prefer.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: yankeetrex on August 01, 2018, 09:44:11 PM
Haha, ok, well lets see if I can help out. 

The Mosa, Rex and Raptor are all done by Sega.  They seem to have similar dimentions based on this out of box pic i found on Mercari.

These are made by Takara Tomy, but are not the posable ones, they look to be static. Not sure of size.  I think that is it,haha[/size]

The Raptor in your last message is made by a company called sofubi. ...  This one goes for over 150+ regularly.

Thanks.
I couldn't really tell the difference between the SEGA and the TAKARA version.
Even now I'm not sure I can ( since one is a painting on the box and the other is the real figure ).

As for the 3rd expensive one :
the awkward word SOFUBI is actually a translate disruption to the Japanese word for SOFT VINYL ( ソフビ ).
look how google translate is making the error when facing this word within a long sentence :
ソフビと  インジェクションのハイブリット製法によって

It is very funny to me how Japanese manufactures are putting this 'english' word on their boxes.

As for the brand name - it is realy 'Banpresto'  (バンプレスト)  :

tyrantqueen

QuoteThe Raptor in your last message avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon is made by a company called sofubi.

Sofubi is not a company, it is a Japanese word used to describe soft plastic (usually kaiju toys and the like).

mgaguilar

Quote from: yankeetrex on July 26, 2018, 07:27:06 PM
Here are some more pics of the Raptor...... Looking like its the best low cost Statue of Blue that can be found. She is 27CM long and 14CM tall.  For those like me in the US, that's 10 inch long(not sure if that counts the tail curve) and 5.5 inch tall. These can easily turn into a Tsukuda Jurassic Park situation as they will be very difficult to find a year from now.

Do we have eyes on the Tyrannosaurus rex yet? It seems like since this one is widely available, the other sculpt should be somewhere as well. Haven't seen it at all for the past few days.
There is also already a repaint of this raptor circulating around instagram and it is SPECTACULAR.

BrontoScorpio

Does anyone allready have the 'Banpresto'  (バンプレスト) expensive version :
一番くじ ジュラシックワールド 炎の王国 A賞 ブルーフィギュア
( What ever the translation means).
Here, on Amazon for 200$ :
- Blue Package .
- Orange Package.

Why is it so expensive - is it Resin ?
Does anyone has a picture for comparisson ?

And what about this "Prime 1 Studio" ?
Like this listing on ebay.
I understand it's even bigger ?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think the Prime 1 is about 36" long and more like a Sideshow maquette.  About 800.00 USD though.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.