News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

1/40 Krentz T. Rex & Foulkes Carnotaurus

Started by Joel, May 17, 2012, 06:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel

Alright, I got my new camera, so it's time to test it out. First up is my finished paint up of David Krentz's 1/40 Tyrannosaurus:

I painted it like my 1/15 Foulkes Tyrannosaurus and Krentz's 1/72 one from Shapways. Here is a close up:

Like it?
And those of you who remember this:

Well, I couldn't stand that paint job I gave it, so repainted it:

I was trying to paint it like the one here (behind the Pentaceratops):

What do you guys think?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice job on the Rex ! First one I've seen.

The Carno looks much better now . ;D

Lady medusa

Honestly i liked the color pattern on the carno before you changed it. I would had work itjust needed to be worked up a lil bit. But your models still look gooed either way

reidak12

Awesome job on the rex! Also, nice improvement on the carnotaurus. It really looks natural.

ataraxus

i like the new paintjob on the Carnotaurus. Do you also paint the Toro?

Joel

Quote from: ataraxus on August 17, 2012, 08:36:53 PM

i like the new paintjob on the Carnotaurus. Do you also paint the Toro?
No, that's a Pentaceratops, and I did not paint that one (that picture is about ten years old). I was trying to copy the paint job of the Carnotaurus behind the Pentaceratops.

ataraxus

oh, of course  :o, i saw only shane foulkes kits and the only older ceratopsian i know from him was the toro.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.