News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I want to order the vitae figures off taobao

Started by Toasaurus, August 05, 2018, 02:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toasaurus

Hi im now thing about getting the vitae figures off taobao idk how to though i know acroman does but i dont if he will help cause he might be too busy and that i may upset him the last time i tried to order off him which im very sorry so i dont he want to help me agtwer what i did

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Toasaurus on August 05, 2018, 02:19:50 AM
Hi im now thing about getting the vitae figures off taobao idk how to though i know acroman does but i dont if he will help cause he might be too busy and that i may upset him the last time i tried to order off him which im very sorry so i dont he want to help me agtwer what i did

Why not Alieexpress? Easier to use

Toasaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 05, 2018, 05:44:10 AM
Quote from: Toasaurus on August 05, 2018, 02:19:50 AM

Why not Alieexpress? Easier to use
yeah but idk how fast standard shipping is  and i dont wanna risk custom fees cause i want them to mark the value at $20 but im worried they wont and i will end up paying for my parcel when it arrives

RobinGoodfellow

..just a note: when you ask to someone to declare a lower value for a shipment, you're asking to a seller to commit a crime (or a fraud) because international laws forbid that.
And the seller could be in trouble about that.
Probably it's not a subject to discuss on a public forum.
We could discuss for a long time if Customs taxes are right or wrong but that's what law says.
I think that everyone here would buy rare items for a cheap price, with fast shipping time and no extra taxes: simply it's difficult..
Regards
:)

Toasaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on August 05, 2018, 07:50:51 AM

..just a note: when you ask to someone to declare a lower value for a shipment, you're asking to a seller to commit a crime (or a fraud) because international laws forbid that.
And the seller could be in trouble about that.
Probably it's not a subject to discuss on a public forum.
We could discuss for a long time if Customs taxes are right or wrong but that's what law says.
I think that everyone here would buy rare items for a cheap price, with fast shipping time and no extra taxes: simply it's difficult..
Regards
:)
ok then whats the option to get the lowest risk of getting custom fees aka parcel ransom with reasonable shipping then

ceratopsian

I don't think there is any way of reducing your risk of custom fees.  It's dependent on the rules in your country and whether the inspectors check every parcel, which is a variable beyond your control.  I've had some things charged and others not - it's quite random.  You simply have to accept that if you order from abroad and whatever you order is liable to customs fees in your country, then you might have to pay them.  So you need to factor this cost in when thinking how much something will cost.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 05, 2018, 01:43:08 PM
I don't think there is any way of reducing your risk of custom fees.  It's dependent on the rules in your country and whether the inspectors check every parcel, which is a variable beyond your control.  I've had some things charged and others not - it's quite random.  You simply have to accept that if you order from abroad and whatever you order is liable to customs fees in your country, then you might have to pay them.  So you need to factor this cost in when thinking how much something will cost.

Totally agree.
I personally experienced the same things that ceratopsian is talking about.
Customs taxes need to be considered as part of the final price.
If you'll skip them, you'll be lucky.. that's all..
All depends on your country's law.
;)

Toasaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on August 05, 2018, 04:49:49 PM

Totally agree.
;)
yeah but im worried that when they deliver my parcel theyll have to makeme paya "ransom" and they wont deliver it that what im talking about i dont car if its added befroe i order i just dont want that senario to ahppen

ceratopsian

The only way I've come across pre-payment of customs dues is if you buy from an eBay seller in the USA who operates the Global Shipping service.  But in my experience that is usually even more expensive than just paying the fee when the package reaches your country.

I have never had a parcel retained by Customs after I have paid the appropriate charge and handling fee.  But that might be different if you are in a different country from me.  I know that some people on the forum have had trouble and long delays before the parcel is released, depending on how their customs service operates.

I honestly think that certainty isn't possible here.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Toasaurus on August 05, 2018, 05:32:59 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on August 05, 2018, 04:49:49 PM

Totally agree.
;)
yeah but im worried that when they deliver my parcel theyll have to makeme paya "ransom" and they wont deliver it that what im talking about i dont car if its added befroe i order i just dont want that senario to ahppen

I don't know how Customs works in your country.
In my country I pay the Customs tax directly to the carrier with my parcel; so I don't have to wait.
I don't know how it works for you.
But I don't think you could control the Customs process.
The only way is by the Global Shipping Program: you can pay the tax in advance and the parcel goes to your home directly; but usually GSP is more expensive.
And not all sellers want to use GSP.
Frankly I don't think there is an easy way about buying foreign items, sorry..
My experience is that receiving items from China is (usually) much more simple than from Japan or US (from a Customs point of view).
But perhaps I was lucky... ;)
-

Syndicate Bias

Most international deliveries put in gift as the items category to avoid customs fees or so I heard that's why they all say gift. And I have had mine like that but not sure if it really makes customs easier

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 05, 2018, 06:38:51 PM
Most international deliveries put in gift as the items category to avoid customs fees or so I heard that's why they all say gift. And I have had mine like that but not sure if it really makes customs easier

I received a lot of parcels marked as "gift" with a Customs request about describing the real value of the shipment.
And I had to send to Customs all details about the transaction (losing a lot of time..).
It's a trick that Customs knows very well.  ;)
On my experience, the Customs process is quite random  ::)

Syndicate Bias

Huh, I guess I got lucky my customs never checks twice

Lanthanotus

For Germany as an example it does not matter if a certain item is a gift or bought if it is above a certain price/value. In fact in Germany we got the weird situation, that the shipping price is calculated to the price/value, so let's say I recieve something that just costs 20 bucks (what is well in the "tax free zone") but costs 40 bucks to ship, I will have to pay the fees for a 60 bucks price/value item - if customs holds up the parcel. And here's the knack... I received parcels from official sellers with values above 60 bucks and had no fees to pay as customs did not hold up the parcel simply, while I had to pay taxes on privately send parcels with values of 40 bucks - just because they have been held by customs.

For the newer Vitae figures bought via Aliexpress I get a price shown of 13.80 to 19.80 US $ with free shipping. My experiences with Alieexpress are limited but positive and with German taxing law in mind I'd order each figure seperately to avoid any custom fees as combined shippign would mean a combined price raising up the value above the tax free limit for Germany. So check on your national law and and maybe do it the same way... sure takes a bit longer (as you should give two to three days - or until shipping confirmation - before ordering another figure from the same seller to avoid them being shipped together), but you should be safe that way.

Jose S.M.

Customs in my county are weird. I bought 2 battat terras and a Safari figure from Halichoeres and they arrived ive without problem, then Brett got me the Favorite Saurolophus from Japan, a significantly smaller package, and got stuck in customs. Then the same package was sent from another location (the U. S.) and didn't got retained.

Toasaurus

OK how long does standard shipping take from aliexpress and is the tracking relighable and or which is the best shipping?

Syndicate Bias

I believe anywhere from 2 weeks to a month or more during holiday seasons. Tracking is ok

Toasaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 05, 2018, 08:20:19 PM
I believe anywhere from 2 weeks to a month or more during holiday seasons. Tracking is ok
does the shipping stop after it leave the country of origin like japan post?

Syndicate Bias

It's just like any tracking. My info stopped updating until it reached the U.S. that period of time can be frustrating sometimes

Toasaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 05, 2018, 09:08:28 PM
It's just like any tracking. My info stopped updating until it reached the U.S. that period of time can be frustrating sometimes
ok so its like any othershipping it will continue and what shipping option is the best?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: