News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Struthiomimus Skeletal needed

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, August 21, 2012, 05:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I need a Struthiomimus skeletal I have a side view version..but I need a forward facing one and especially an overhead shot. I really need to see how wide the hips are. Some restorations look really wide others much more narrow.

Thanks in advance for any help !

Joel

I can't find an overhead shot, but how about shot of its butt? ;D

Hope this helps!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmm..from that image they look kind of narrow..though fleshed out they could be wider.

Darn it, we really need more accurate ornithmimid replicas. All I have to go by is the CollectA Deinocheirus, a Jasman Gallimimus and my Definitely Dinos Struthio...not exactly helpful. :/

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 21, 2012, 07:49:45 AM
Hmm..from that image they look kind of narrow..though fleshed out they could be wider.

Darn it, we really need more accurate ornithmimid replicas. All I have to go by is the CollectA Deinocheirus, a Jasman Gallimimus and my Definitely Dinos Struthio...not exactly helpful. :/
Well the dinosaur is an ostrich mimic right? Perhaps that might give some added help...perhaps the body shape and structure were similar.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 21, 2012, 08:47:38 AM

Well the dinosaur is an ostrich mimic right? Perhaps that might give some added help...perhaps the body shape and structure were similar.

maybe...I'll have a look and see. I still like to reference the skeleton itself if at all possible though. ;D

Gryphoceratops

Unfortunately not really.  The struthio has a much longer torso than an ostrich does.  (and ... you know arms and a tail)

I think the hips were more on the narrow side from what i remember about the mount at the AMNH but like you said they probably had lots of muscle there.  Did you try looking up illustrations from credible artists? 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on August 22, 2012, 04:56:40 AM

Unfortunately not really.  The struthio has a much longer torso than an ostrich does.  (and ... you know arms and a tail)

I think the hips were more on the narrow side from what i remember about the mount at the AMNH but like you said they probably had lots of muscle there.  Did you try looking up illustrations from credible artists?

Yeah I did..but no one did them from the angle I was after. I've used what I had so hopefully it will look alright in the end. Maybe with all the feathers it will just look more " fluffy "  ;)

ZoPteryx

How about these:

Here's an Ornithomimus (close cousin, maybe even same genus).  Rather large stomach region.

And a Gallimimus:

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Zopteryx on August 22, 2012, 07:08:44 PM
How about these:

Here's an Ornithomimus (close cousin, maybe even same genus).  Rather large stomach region.

And a Gallimimus:

That first one is the most helpful..but the muscles on the thighs look really thin to me..I would expect them to be beefed up quite a bit more.

The tails keep throwing me as well..so thick at the base and then they taper and get thin so quick..lol

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.