News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Best Preserved Dinosaur

Started by kiryu222, August 15, 2018, 10:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiryu222

DinoToyForum

Well, Borealopelta was only described less than 12 months ago: https://www.cell.com/current-biology/fulltext/S0960-9822(17)30808-4

Companies take more time than that to go from species selection to finished product.

In any case, even the press at the time tempered their reports by calling it the best preserved armoured dinosaur. Obviously, there are better preserved dinosaurs than this particular specimen, wonderful as it is.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 15, 2018, 11:37:26 AM
Well, Borealopelta was only described less than 12 months ago: https://www.cell.com/current-biology/fulltext/S0960-9822(17)30808-4

Companies take more time than that to go from species selection to finished product.

In any case, even the press at the time tempered their reports by calling it the best preserved armoured dinosaur. Obviously, there are better preserved dinosaurs than this particular specimen, wonderful as it is.
This is right on target . ....so many specimens come to mind, but of course my favorite resides at the Senckenberg, and has to rate among the top five. Leonardo, Dakota, Sue, Lane, Black Beauty, there are so many ...an embarrassment of paleo riches.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoToyForum

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 15, 2018, 03:27:04 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 15, 2018, 11:37:26 AM

This is right on target . ....so many specimens come to mind, but of course my favorite resides at the Senckenberg, and has to rate among the top five. Leonardo, Dakota, Sue, Lane, Black Beauty, there are so many ...an embarrassment of paleo riches.

And some of the feathered beasties from China are breathtaking!

Lanthanotus

[...]

Now, which one would that be.... either the Hadrosaur mummy or on a better thought the Psittaco?

Patrx

I feel like Kulindadromeus would be a contender.

Smilodon P.

I have always thought that Anchiornis should be better represented due to a considerable amount of partially mummified animals  with various types of information (feathers, colors, muscles, scales ...).

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 15, 2018, 10:20:20 PM
[...]

Now, which one would that be.... either the Hadrosaur mummy or on a better thought the Psittaco?
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Die_Maulquappe

I like the line *Shielded From Decay*

armored to withstand 110mio years...thats a statement
Videos of my statues, figures and dioramas here:
TITANS_of_the_EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2QYASMKvj9McImqRk1MhCA

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.