News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New model

Started by Andreioli, September 20, 2018, 08:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreioli

So I googled "animantarx" and came across this image:

I'm not saying it belongs to a certain company, I just wanted to share the image of the nice figure with you  ;)

Ravonium

It is the 2019 Schleich Animantarx. Has the distinct cartoony style that Schleich uses nowadays. It looks OK as a toy, but it obviously isn't designed to be in league with Safari Ltd, Papo and even CollectA.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That looks quite nice for a modern Schleich figure.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Roselaar

For a Schleich figure, it looks damn good. Other than that, it's simply okay.

Shonisaurus

It is a more than acceptable figure as I already mentioned perhaps the best armored dinosaur made by the Schleich brand.

For me it is a great figure.

Sauropelta

Sauropelta (Meaning 'lizard shield') is a genus of nodosaurid dinosaur that existed in the Early Cretaceous Period of North America. One species (S. edwardsorum) has been named although others may have existed. Anatomically, Sauropelta is one of the most well-understood nodosaurids, with fossilized remains recovered in the U.S. states of Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Utah.

Shonisaurus

I get the impression that the animantarx is of a small medium size. It is not the same size unfortunately as its saichania. That is one of the reasons why it is not as detailed or as finished as its spinosaurus counterpart Schleich 2019.

sauroid

why does Schleich always paint their Thyreoporans like driftwood or rock?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Sauropelta

Quote from: sauroid on September 30, 2018, 10:39:46 PM
why does Schleich always paint their Thyreoporans like driftwood or rock?

Laziness or uncreative. I would base all mine off of turtles & armadillo / pangolin.
Sauropelta (Meaning 'lizard shield') is a genus of nodosaurid dinosaur that existed in the Early Cretaceous Period of North America. One species (S. edwardsorum) has been named although others may have existed. Anatomically, Sauropelta is one of the most well-understood nodosaurids, with fossilized remains recovered in the U.S. states of Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Utah.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.