News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Two of the same?

Started by Stegold, September 28, 2018, 09:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegold

With the announcement of new figures for 2019 by Schleich and Safari Ltd., I wondered if anyone (besides me) would like to see the exact same species of dinosaur offered in a different or slightly different pose?  I understand that this may not be a money making proposition for the company producing the figure(s), however, I personally would be very interested in more than one figure in one pose.  For example a pair of sauropods with one walking facing forward with an elevated neck and head looking straight ahead while a second one has its neck, tail and head in a different pose.  You know, neck lower, tail to the left and the head looking to the side for example.  The same for a couple ceratopsian or therapod figures.  I think they would display nicely and add more interest and novelty to our displays and dioramas.  What do other forum members think?  Is it possible for the original models used to create the molds for production to be reused and their heads/necks/legs etc. repositioned.  Just a thought I had since purchasing duplicate figures and dunking them in boiling water or heating them up with a hair dryer and bending them scares me may not result in the most favorable poses and possibly causing cracks to open in the PVC or whatever the figures are composed of or unrealistic folds or wrinkles to be the end result.

IrritatorRaji

I mean, I guess you could say Rebor does that with all their raptors? And kinda Papo with their standing and running Tyrannosaurus figures. I remember that CollectA has definitely done this with their quadruped Spinosaurus.

I totally get what you're saying though, I've always wanted to see some companies release the same dinosaurs in different poses, but I suppose others would prefer an entirely new dinosaurs rather than a retool.

Shonisaurus

To make dioramas would be interesting, but for my portfolio in my case buying several dinosaurs or prehistoric animals with different postures would be very expensive. In fact Rebor has made different velociraptor figures with different positions and with different paintings.

Collecta has made several tyrannosaurs feathered with different postures and in different sizes and as Irritator saysRaji has also made three spinosaurus in different positions.

tanystropheus

I was hoping that Papo would make another Allosaurus, same style but different pose. Despite inaccuracies (and Godzilla undertones), it was quite the masterpiece when it was released. I was also hoping for another sculpt of their Apatosaurus. A deluxe Apatosaurus.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.