News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Terra T.rex standing issues

Started by Lizerd, November 05, 2018, 12:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizerd

So I just got the Terra T.rex by Bataan, but it doesn't stand. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get it to stand up for more than five minutes?
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Shonisaurus

Do you mean the latest version? In my case when I bought it in its day, it did not stand up for the day as a lost case, I believed it had no solution, but to my amazement it stands today without any problem. I think it's because when I bought it the plastic was new and in some way dampened because that figure was taken out of the "oven" metaphorically speaking, after the time said plastic dried up and that's why it now stands.

I do not know if it will happen in your case with the tyrannosaurus rex of Battat (modern version) what happened to me but I give you my version and testimony. For my fortune, today he stands up without having to use the dryer or hot or cold water. In my case it has been miraculous.

Lizerd

Huh, yeah mine seems to be soft. So maybe I just let if dry for a bit and solidify, and it will just stand up? Cool, hope it works cause I'm about to paint it!
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Digibasherx

You can use the hair dryer and cold water method for temporary fixes.  I've found it'll make them stand for about a year+, it'll eventually droop and you'll have to do the hot/cold method again.  Heat up the part and let it naturally reposition itself, then use the cold (ice) water to harden it.  I've done this with the tail and the feet, and it'll last a while.  It's been over a year since the last time it plopped off the shelf.

ceratopsian

I gave up trying to make mine stand and draped it across a spare old-style Carnegie Triceratops - the Trike was a duplicate that I'd picked up as part of a group lot.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.