News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Resistance to breakage of PNSO Basilosaurus

Started by Shonisaurus, January 20, 2019, 12:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Dear members of the dinotoyblog forum. I just bought for 36 euros without having to pay shipping costs for a PNSO basilosaurus to a Chinese merchant with a lot of commercial solvency (one hundred percent reliable) and my question is as follows. Being made of a material other than PVC (vinyl if I'm not wrong) the question is the following, especially for members that has that figure, is a replica of prehistoric mammal resistant to falls, abrasions and most important breaks that Could you present that figure? I'm interested in the answer.

I know I asked a similar question regarding the diprotodon but I need to know what are the impressions that some forum members have that copy. That will serve as a guideline to know what measures I have to take with the PNSO opthalmosaurus that I have just bought and it will help me to buy the megalodon from the same company. Thank you in advance for your answers.

acro-man

As far as I know, Vinyl is virtually the same as PVC material-wise.
It's the different casting techniques that distinguish them.

In your case,
Opthalmosaurus is softer than Basilosaurus
Megalodon is as hard as Basilosaurus

I don't think I have experimented breaking or dropping them because they are not meant to do so.
But if your concern is whether there's potential damage during shipping?
Hardy there will be.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Shonisaurus

I ask it because they are from a hollow material and although I am very careful with all my figures of prehistoric animals (in this case) and with the dinosaurs, as all objects are not free of accidents such as accidental falls from the shelves, my concern was whether the figures are as brittle as the prehistoric animals Starlux or the wild animals of Elastolin that certainly were the last holes, I remember that my parents gave it to me when I was small and were hard plastic (I'm talking about the seventies) and to my misfortune many figures were broken by little they touched. That is my concern with the PNSO figures.

Regarding shipping, I have never had any problems with any supplier of figures including your avatar_acro-man @acro-man  at the time of deterioration during the trip. All figures and online purchases came to me in perfect condition without breakage or damage. It is not my concern that the PNSO figures arrive with damage, it is not the subject of my question, my question that if being hollow these figures of PNSO prehistoric animals can be broken as happened in their day to the figures of Elastolin that They were made of hard plastic.

stargatedalek

Vinyl is very durable, it's not like hollow resin or polystone or such, being hollow won't make it any noticeably less strong.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.