News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bullyland 2019?

Started by SpartanSquat, January 18, 2019, 03:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpartanSquat

No no pics...but I was asking...what happened to them? No catalog no pics..or they moved to licensed figures?

Libraraptor

Somewhere here they said that there won't be any Bullyland figures of prehistoric animals anymore. Gone are the glorious days of Paratypothorax and others...

SpartanSquat

Where did said that? Me too I miss that days, specially with Cenozoic fauna

Shonisaurus

Totally agree with you avatar_SpartanSquat @RolandEden . Their megaloceros, andrewsarchus, deinotherium and especially the megatherium and the coelodonta antiquitatis and mammoth primegius were sublime. I do not understand what has happened with this company, they made dinosaurs and very good prehistoric animals. Without going any further the lambeosaurus was an outstanding duck-billed dinosaur figure that could compete with Favorite saurolophus or Safari parasarolophus (latest version).

Libraraptor

Bullyland nowadays does not seem to take prehistory as seriously as they used to, back in their glorious Museum Stuttgart days. Germany simply does not seem to be a good market for realistic figures of prehistoric animals. And regarding big lines of prehistoric animals, they and Schleich seem to have accepted having been outdistanced by CollectA and Papo. Bullyland now seems to Focus on producing Dragons, license products and Kiosk scrap, which I find very disappointing. Just have a look at their Homepage and build yourself an opinion:
https://www.bullyland.de/

SpartanSquat

The problem Shonisaurus is they earn much money getting license of characters, fast money for many kids that want its character very fast.

terrorchicken

are they even offering any new extant animals this year?

Ravonium

Quote from: terrorchicken on January 25, 2019, 06:20:16 PM
are they even offering any new extant animals this year?

To my knowledge, no they aren't  :(

terrorchicken

shame they have some nice extant figures too. I have their baby and mother giraffe, the wisnet and the great grey owl and pink cockatoo.

SBell

The Bullyland story took a really disappointing turn around 2007 or so.

What was once an independent company was bought out by a larger conglomerate. And, I think, it was resold again later.

Somewhere around there, they determined that licensed character models were worth more to them. Other than the brief re-release of their Cenozoic models and a few others, like the Mastodonsaurus.

It's too bad, because they were certainly the first company to try some really unusual animals (Batrachotomus, Arizonasaurus, Paratypothorax). But as was said, a few other companies eventually learned to make a wider, more interesting variety. And to be honest, of all my figures, Bullyland may have the worst paint application...they scuff very easily compared to most models.

Shonisaurus

avatar_SBell @SBell I suppose that their paint wears away because the plastic material they use that is not PVC is another material different from other brands, which makes the figure have a different texture and the paint wears out by the simple rubbing. I have been able to experiment with deinotheriun and mastodonsaurus for giving two examples. These two magnificent and remarkable figures have in my collection multiple abrasions and in the more than twenty years that I have the deinotherium and the more than fifteen years approximately that I have the mastodonsaurus of Bullyland have never suffered any of the two falls but the abrasions by the contact with other prehistoric animals happens bill. It's one of the negative things that I share with you and what happens to the Bullyland dinosaurs.

SBell

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 27, 2019, 10:03:40 AM
avatar_SBell @SBell I suppose that their paint wears away because the plastic material they use that is not PVC is another material different from other brands, which makes the figure have a different texture and the paint wears out by the simple rubbing. I have been able to experiment with deinotheriun and mastodonsaurus for giving two examples. These two magnificent and remarkable figures have in my collection multiple abrasions and in the more than twenty years that I have the deinotherium and the more than fifteen years approximately that I have the mastodonsaurus of Bullyland have never suffered any of the two falls but the abrasions by the contact with other prehistoric animals happens bill. It's one of the negative things that I share with you and what happens to the Bullyland dinosaurs.

That's exactly what mine are like. Not much we can do, but it does make storage and transport difficult.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.