News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tribes

Started by Brocc21, January 26, 2019, 10:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brocc21

So imagine this, it's a cool morning in the early Cretaceous. A pack of deinonychus are fighting for a brought down tenontosaurus with another pack. One pack has males with red wings, tail, and Mohawk. The other has yellow. Do you guys think dinosaurs may have had genetic variants in the same species? Or perhaps subspecies like this?
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Shonisaurus

I understand that theropod dinosaurs, such as herbivorous dinosaurs such as ceraptosides, sauropods, nodosaurids, ankylosaurids and other species, must have subspecies like the African elephant in its two subspecies or the black and white rhinoceros that existed subspecies in North Africa. and there are subspecies in the South of that continent, as also happens with birds, reptiles or amphibians for example.

I'm sure there were subspecies of all the dinosaur species we know or genetic variants like albino dinosaurs for example. I am totally convinced.

Libraraptor

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.