News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hey Blade!..

Started by mmfrankford, August 12, 2012, 04:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmfrankford

As you know from my Facebook I was gone for a while. Finally back and working. I promised this awhile back but life interfered. I'm working on your allo right now, here's a pic showing the progress.  ;D

Himmapaan

Looks gorgeous as ever!

Blade-of-the-Moon

:o  Beautiful !!!  ;D

Love the spines, the pose..well..all of it really !  :))

Makes me want to start on my own Allosaurus already too....  ^-^  It's great to see you back creating again !

Totoro

Wow, that's wonderful Melissa!  I just love your work.  Blade, are you commissioning that?  If so, it was a great investment!   ;D
Old Kaiyodo chocolasaur diorama thread:
https://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3848

Jetoar

Amazing allosaurus! you are talented, congratulations :).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

mmfrankford

Thanks all for the comments. :)

Horridus

It's really nice, obviously - I think the hands are especially well done. If I were to change one thing, I'd make the fenestrae less obvious, although that's a bit of a personal preference.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

reidak12

Terrific detailing on the scales! Wish I could take the time to do the same. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Detailing like that does take a LONG time ..only wish I could do the same ! :)

Horridus, I'm really undecided on the fenestrae and to what extent they are visible myself. I generally show them by adding boney ridges and scales around them though.   Can't wait to get around to making one of these guys myself..talk about inspiration ! ;D

Balaur

mmfrankford

Blade-of-the-Moon

;D

Pardon that object on the ground..it's my jaw! :)

Seriously.. I love him/her. The sheer awesomness shown here is one of my best reasons for big bad Al being my favorite dino ! ;D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.