News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

GODZILLA: MINUS ONE

Started by GojiraGuy1954, July 11, 2023, 07:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellow Stego

Big day for us Godzilla fans!
Godzilla has won his first Oscar!!
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Blade-of-the-Moon

Should have been best picture but we'll take the win regardless. Loved the Godzilla shoes they were wearing lol

dragon53

GODZILLA MINUS ONE---John Carpenter commented on the movie winning the Academy Award for Best Visual Effects, the first Oscar for the 70 year-old Toho monster movie franchise, "Incredible! GODZILLA MINUS ONE wins an Academy Awards for special effects. In my lifetime. Fantastic!"
Guillermo del Toro posted, "Oscar Winner Godzilla, I feel so moved."
GODZILLA MINUS ONE also won eight Japanese Academy Awards including Best Picture.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 11, 2024, 04:21:50 AMShould have been best picture but we'll take the win regardless. Loved the Godzilla shoes they were wearing lol

Should have been Nom'd for Best International Feature, but you know.... rigged.

CityRaptor

Yeah, Japan clearly put the money on the wrong horse, given that "Godzilla: Minus One" and "The Boy and the Heron" both won while "Perfect Days" lost.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Carnoking

Might have still had a bit of an uphill battle against the likes of The Zone of Interest, especially seeing as that garnered noms in additional categories.
That's not a knock against -1.0, just an observation on the high caliber of films across the board this year.

dragon53

Toho announced the bluray of GODZILLA MINUS ONE will be released in Japan on May 1 (no US release date):

"As shared by Minus One studio Toho, the physical release of the hit film will hit store shelves in Japan on May 1.

The Blu-ray release of the film will come specially packed in a unique folding box, with the movie on both Blu-ray and DVD, as well as copies of the black and white cut of the movie appropriately titled Godzilla Minus One / Minus Color.

It also comes packed with a special feature disk as well as a commemorative booklet honoring the film.
Godzilla Minus One
Blu-raToho Company

This came without any mention of an international release, leaving American fans of the film sitting in waiting for a potential physical release.
When Will the Godzilla Minus One Blu-ray Come to the U.S.?

While no U.S. release date for the Godzilla Minus One Blu-ray has been outlined by Toho or anyone involved with the film, the announcement of its Japanese release might hint at when it will come stateside.

Toho's last Godzilla film, Shin Godzilla, took 132 days for its Japanese Blu-ray release to eventually make its way to North America.

The 2017 kaiju blockbuster first hit store shelves in Japan on March 22 before coming to the U.S. on August 1 of the same year.

If Godzilla Minus One followed a similar release cadence, an international Blu-ray release could be expected sometime in early September.

Using the same Japanese-to-U.S. release window as Shin Godzilla puts Minus One's American Blu-ray release on September 10. This could very well be Godzilla Minus One's exact release date, as new physical releases tend to hit shelves on Tuesdays in North America.

However, there is the possibility fans will not have to wait that long to get their hands on the Minus One physical release.

The movie was a major hit stateside, earning more at the box office than it did in its home country of Japan.

That - along with the positive sentiment around the film following its Oscar win for Best Visual Effects - could expedite the process of bringing the movie's Blu-ray across the Pacific, meaning it could potentially arrive sometime this summer instead."

source: thedirect

Dynomikegojira

In case anyone miss it the international rollout of Godzilla Minus One has ramped up and available form purchase and is also now on Netflix.

dragon53

GODZILLA MINUS ONE---for the first time ever, the Academy Award-winning monster movie premiered at #1 simultaneously on streamers Netflix and iTunes VOD even though the two streamers did not advertise the movie beforehand.

Fembrogon

It was a delight to see this film again (third time, second in color). I watched it with a few friends last night, and was very pleased by how unanimously they were impressed with it.
I find it almost unreal how universal the acclaim continues to be for this film. I just hope more people are encouraged by this to (re)visit the classic entries as well. There are more gems in the franchise than the average audience member realizes.

Gwangi

I would love to see this but it's inaccessible here in the U.S. If they release it on physical media here I'll buy it immediately.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Gwangi on June 04, 2024, 10:12:04 PMI would love to see this but it's inaccessible here in the U.S. If they release it on physical media here I'll buy it immediately.
The movie just released on broad streaming this weekend; it's available to watch on Netflix, Amazon, Itunes, and numerous other platforms. The Minus Color edition is also slated for streaming soon.

'Godzilla Minus One' Streaming on Netflix, Available for Digital Rental and Purchase on June 1

'Godzilla Minus One' Makes History Again as #1 at the Same Time on Netflix and iTunes

Granted, physical media is still far preferable; but the movie CAN be reasonably accessed now by broad US audiences. Hopefully a physical release will be announced before long as well.

Gwangi

Quote from: Fembrogon on June 04, 2024, 10:30:23 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on June 04, 2024, 10:12:04 PMI would love to see this but it's inaccessible here in the U.S. If they release it on physical media here I'll buy it immediately.
The movie just released on broad streaming this weekend; it's available to watch on Netflix, Amazon, Itunes, and numerous other platforms. The Minus Color edition is also slated for streaming soon.

'Godzilla Minus One' Streaming on Netflix, Available for Digital Rental and Purchase on June 1

'Godzilla Minus One' Makes History Again as #1 at the Same Time on Netflix and iTunes

Granted, physical media is still far preferable; but the movie CAN be reasonably accessed now by broad US audiences. Hopefully a physical release will be announced before long as well.

That's good to know. Last I read it was showing up on Netflix but not in the U.S.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.