You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Roselaar's modest book collection (last pics, more scientific stuff, p.2)

Started by Roselaar, July 13, 2012, 03:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 21, 2012, 11:07:18 PM
What kinda book is feiten over dieren uit vroegere tijden? The artwork on the front looked interesting, very retro :D And I loooooooove retro style.

It's a simple old kids' book about prehistoric life (literal translation: 'Facts about animals of earlier times'). The retro art is pretty cool, even though it's only 20 pages. The artist's name unfortunately is not mentioned.

Roselaar

Let's get a bit more scientifically correct here:

Various cool books on dinosaurs, not that heavy a read but still more detailed and scientifically responsible that most of the books on this thread.

Some of my fondest books, at least one of them probably has a spot in everybody's library here, and I guess you'll know which one.  ;) The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Pterosaurs is awesome, some great paleo art. I admit I was kinda disappointed by the Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs, it's a bit dull. I guess there's just not enough pictures in it for me despite it being so fat. :-[ Dinosaurs: A Field Guide is also very good: I just hope there'll be a toy company some day that says 'hey, let's make dinosaur toys of all the species in this book'.  :))

The largest books in my collection. It's hard to find space for them on my shelves. The Complete Book of the Dinosaur is simply stunning, featuring some of my favorite paleo artwork and an all too brief section on dinosaur movies (the writer doesn't like The Land That Time Forgot). Also great to see at least one book revolves entirely around a dinosaur species other than T-Rex: it's like Corythosaurus' 15 minutes of fame.

Roselaar

Last picture.

Some good stuff here though. The 'Dinosaurs in the City' book remains one of my all-time favorites. Superbly drawn, many little details cramped in. The book on drawing dinosaurs is also a fascinating read, though I never made use of it as much as I should have perhaps. And there's a few more retro school books with awesome retro paleoart.

This is all the dinosaur books I have at the moment. Of course I can post pics of my other books (mostly film related materials and comic books), but I doubt that would be appropriate here.

tyrantqueen

Some of these look really interesting. I find pre-renaisance depictions of dinosaurs just as fascinating as modern day ones XD

Unfortunately one of the hard things about looking for good dinosaur books is not knowing what kind of material is inside. A lot of artwork gets recycled, and I don't like paying for the same thing twice :P

0onarcissisto0

Hey is there an English version of that book entitled: "Dinosauriers Een evolutionair succes"?
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Roselaar

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on August 16, 2012, 07:44:57 AM
Hey is there an English version of that book entitled: "Dinosauriers Een evolutionair succes"?

The disclaimer inside says the book was originally released under the title The Natural History Museum Book of Dinosaurs, so there should be. It was written by Tim Gardom, so I think this ought to be it, despite the different cover:

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-History-Museum-Book-Dinosaurs/dp/184442183X/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1345118209&sr=1-2&keywords=The+Natural+History+Museum+Book+of+Dinosaurs

Roselaar

A few recent additions to my collection, prehistoric related. Excellent reads! The World of Kong remains among my favorite books of all time.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.