News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

1:7th Gallimimus Kit

Started by yankeetrex, September 17, 2021, 07:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeetrex

Hey Guys, I've been asked a lot about whether or not I would make kits of my models.  So consider this a test run that if successful would allow more of my sculpts to be released for purchase.  I was recently contacted by a garage kit company to make a Jurassic Park Style Gallimimus. So with some reference photos of the original from the SWS sculptor I sent over this basic shape....

Then with further sculpting and added detail, our first prototype is now here...

After some discussion, a production run of at least 10 would be needed to make this happen, so i'm curious. Is there any interest out there for this?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Is it a vinyl or resin kit? Any idea of price?  I would actually pay for a built/painted version as I just have no time anymore.

yankeetrex

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 17, 2021, 08:21:03 PM
Is it a vinyl or resin kit? Any idea of price?  I would actually pay for a built/painted version as I just have no time anymore.

Its a resin kit, I think we're looking at 285 per kit unpainted. We haven't discussed build and paint pricing yet, but i would think probably double. It would be either myself or another talented artist that would do it.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.