You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kamuysaurus ("Mukawaryu") now described

Started by Halichoeres, September 05, 2019, 06:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

The large, substantially complete hadrosaur from Mukawa in Japan has now been described, and given the name Kamuysaurus japonicus ("kamuy lizard of Japan," where "kamuy" is any of the several deities in the religion of the indigenous Ainu people of Hokkaido).

Here's the specimen:

And the paper (apparently open access, at least for now): https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-48607-1

And now you know what to call your Kaiyodo or Kanna expo figures, if you care about that sort of thing.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ZoPteryx

Awesome!  Interesting that it seems to represent an early wave of hadrosaurs from North America to Asia and it may have had a crest that converged on Brachylophosaurus.  Cool stuff!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.