News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2019 retired figures

Started by Sim, October 06, 2018, 01:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaranUlas

Yeah, they just sent me an email this week to tell me about the Quetz being in stock now (I had apparently asked them to do this several weeks ago and forgot about it. Yay school for making me too busy to remember.)

As for the feathered T. rex... even if it is too feathered, you know what? I really don't care. This is the first toy I could find for helping to teach kids that actually made feathered dinosaurs look cool to them (Seriously I had several kids outright tell me that my T. rex looked cool when I was teaching them about it for my volunteer work. They said it about the raptor as well too.) Let it stay up for a bit and help show kids how a feathered dinosaur looks in a way that doesn't look terrible. Plus the feather thing is still a pretty heavy debate. Not Safari's fault that they came down on the side that a year later was weaker in evidence.

SidB

Quote from: TaranUlas on April 04, 2019, 05:29:08 AM
Yeah, they just sent me an email this week to tell me about the Quetz being in stock now (I had apparently asked them to do this several weeks ago and forgot about it. Yay school for making me too busy to remember.)

As for the feathered T. rex... even if it is too feathered, you know what? I really don't care. This is the first toy I could find for helping to teach kids that actually made feathered dinosaurs look cool to them (Seriously I had several kids outright tell me that my T. rex looked cool when I was teaching them about it for my volunteer work. They said it about the raptor as well too.) Let it stay up for a bit and help show kids how a feathered dinosaur looks in a way that doesn't look terrible. Plus the feather thing is still a pretty heavy debate. Not Safari's fault that they came down on the side that a year later was weaker in evidence.
Yes, developments and discoveries continue to unfold at an accelerating rate, making it increasingly hard for even progressive lines, such as Safari's, to keep up. In addition to the T.rex, consider the Ankylosaurus and the upcoming Edmontosaurus, both superb work. Both are now debateables due to these developments - armor arrangement for the former (compare with the PNSO version) and the discovery of hooves on hadrosaurs, re.: the latter. This won't stop me from buying the new Edmontosaurus, however.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.