News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo Styrac + some wip's

Started by darylj, September 05, 2012, 08:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darylj

:)

[attachment msg=17887][/attachment]

darylj

restricted to one pic per post? sorry.

[attachment msg=17888][/attachment]

darylj

[attachment msg=17889][/attachment]

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: darylj on September 05, 2012, 08:12:29 PM
restricted to one pic per post? sorry.
Right, it was felt it better to use a hosting site for your pictures, and create html tags rather than clutter the board with masses of photos that take up quite a bit of its resources. I believe there is a thread that explains how to do so, simply and easily, and in the end it does create less work for you.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

darylj

wip nigersaurus and allosaurus... *note the adjusted hands :)

***SORRY... JSUT READ THE ABOVE COMMENT... I WILL READ THE POST AND LOOK AT HTML TAGS... AGAIN, VERY VERY SORRY***

[attachment msg=17892][/attachment]

Jetoar

Amazing work, I like it  ^-^!. A good repainted is what makes the difference.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Himmapaan

These are beautiful repaints, Daryl! I like the altered hands on the Allosaurus too.  :D

Here is the thread about posting images (the tags are BB (Bulletin Board) codes, by the way, not hotmail).

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Himmapaan on September 05, 2012, 10:11:06 PM
These are beautiful repaints, Daryl! I like the altered hands on the Allosaurus too.  :D

Here is the thread about posting images (the tags are BB (Bulletin Board) codes, by the way, not hotmail).
Did I mis-speak? I always thought a coded link for a photo was considered an html code, but if I did sorry. I guess follow what i meant and not what I typed .....that works
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Himmapaan

No apology necessary, Michael. :) I just hoped to clarify that they're different types of codes and each only works within different settings. Forums use BB codes, for instance, so using hotmail codes won't work. Image hosting sites often offer both kinds.

mmfrankford

Really love that styracosaurus repaint! Really brings out the detail. :)

tyrantqueen

The Styracosaurus colours are nice! Did you use epoxy putty to alter the forearms? Good work there :)

When you're painting, do you dilute your paint?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Really nice work on the Styrac and Allosaurus ! ;D

DinoToyForum

Beautiful repaint!

(html = hypertext markup language. It's one of the languages websites can be written in. BB code is much simpler code specifically designed for forums. )   

Himmapaan

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 06, 2012, 01:03:58 PM
(html = hypertext markup language. It's one of the languages websites can be written in. BB code is much simpler code specifically designed for forums. )

(The correct explanation for my garbled attempt.  ;D Thank you, Adam.)

darylj

thanks for the positive feedback!
i used a tiny bit on modeling clay  on the arms... but they pretty much cut of and fit back on quite neatly :)
i do dilute my paints a bit yeah... whys that?

ive made some more work on the allosaurus so will try get pics up... but im off to a carboot sale tomorrow.. so hopefully will come home with lots of new bits and bobs to distract me :)

ZoPteryx

Fantastic work Darylj!  They look amazing, especially the Styracosaurus! :o

.ratchet.

That Styracosaurus is wonderful.  Your detail is really great!

Balaur

You did a great job on the Styracosaurus. But that Allosaurus is really amazing. For some reason, with its hands facing the right way, it looks so much cooler, along with the paint.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.