News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Digital Dryptosaurus

Started by Gryphoceratops, September 12, 2012, 07:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryphoceratops

Hey guys.  A while back my colleague interviewed paleoartist,  Tyler Keillor, for our blog.  You may recognize him or his work from the prehistoric crocodile special where he made life-like models of kaprosuchus and friends.  He also reconstructed a life-sized "Jane" head.  He's done a lot of other great work too including a life sized Dryptosaurus head!  Now he is trying to get funding to do the whole body. 

http://jerseyboyhuntsdinosaurs.blogspot.com/2012/09/digital-dinosaur-dryptosaurus-by-by.html

If you donate you get some cool stuff depending on how much you contribute.  One of the gifts is a scaled down Herrarosaurus head done by him and another is a model kit of the dryptosaurus itself! 

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on September 12, 2012, 07:19:20 PM
Hey guys.  A while back my colleague interviewed paleoartist,  Tyler Keillor, for our blog.  You may recognize him or his work from the prehistoric crocodile special where he made life-like models of kaprosuchus and friends.  He also reconstructed a life-sized "Jane" head.  He's done a lot of other great work too including a life sized Dryptosaurus head!  Now he is trying to get funding to do the whole body. 

http://jerseyboyhuntsdinosaurs.blogspot.com/2012/09/digital-dinosaur-dryptosaurus-by-by.html

If you donate you get some cool stuff depending on how much you contribute.  One of the gifts is a scaled down Herrarosaurus head done by him and another is a model kit of the dryptosaurus itself!
How much do you have to donate to get the Dryptosaurus kit (I really want this one but I'm not sure if I will be able to get one :()?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Pretty cool. I might help out with this ..might be in November or December though,,I'm a bit broke right now.

Dan

The Kickstarter page lists the gifts you receive at each donation level. They look like very generous price levels to me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tylerkeillor/digital-dinosaur-dryptosaurus?ref=card

The resin models will be smaller scale versions of these Dryptosaurus and Herrerasaurus models, if I understand correctly:

This will only come to fruition if the goal is reached, so please give generously! It's about halfway home.

Yutyrannus

$100 or more for the Dryptosaurus, that sucks, I won't be able to afford this :'(.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.