You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd feathered Rex Damaged: keep or replace?

Started by EverEvolvingSaurian, December 02, 2019, 09:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverEvolvingSaurian

My beloved Safari Ltd feathered Tyrannosaurus has suffered a quite damaging fall, and has lost an entire finger and has had some minor scuffing of the paint along the hip and some other areas. As such, I have been debating to myself wether or not to simply replace the model, or keep it (and possibly repair it?) due to it's sentimental value as one of the first figures I ever bought for my collection. Suggestions?
"Be glad you are behind that fence, seƱor"

Loon

Quote from: EverEvolvingSaurian on December 02, 2019, 09:07:05 PM
My beloved Safari Ltd feathered Tyrannosaurus has suffered a quite damaging fall, and has lost an entire finger and has had some minor scuffing of the paint along the hip and some other areas. As such, I have been debating to myself wether or not to simply replace the model, or keep it (and possibly repair it?) due to it's sentimental value as one of the first figures I ever bought for my collection. Suggestions?

If it has sentimental value, I'd just keep it. If you still have the broken off finger you can just glue it back on.

Shonisaurus

Keep it, find someone who can repair it. Do not spend money that perhaps the economic situation (hopefully I am wrong) can be put in a very bad future, for the price of a new tyrannosaurus rex feathered Safari (magnificent figure) can help you buy essential things in your life. For example a good meal in a restaurant or cafeteria, clothes or cleaning supplies. I recommend that you do not spend more than the account do not do as I have done. Do war economy.

I understand that they are minor defects.

Lanthanotus

Super Glue (cyanacrylate) will fit the finger back in its place and paint scuffs can easily be fixed with acrylic paint. If the scuffs are only minor you`d not even need to bother to get the color 100% right, often a simple general choice (black, red, grey, brown) can do the job, just use a fine brush, dip it in the paint and rub most of the paint off on a piece of cloth. Then carefully deal with the scuffs applying only small ammounts of paint with this drybrushing method until the scuff becomes "invisible".

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.