You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Identifying cheap, but nice, tiny chinasaur

Started by EverEvolvingSaurian, December 03, 2019, 05:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverEvolvingSaurian

I have had this little gem in my possession for quite some time but never was able to figure out where it came from or who produced it. (Especially because I literally found it on a street corner). Despite a few minor inaccuracies it really is a gem when compared to other cheap plastic dinosaurs of similar quality, and I was wondering if anyone knows what the company that produced it is.
"Be glad you are behind that fence, señor"

stargatedalek

It looks like the Safari Tarbosaurus(?) from the feathered dinosaurs toob, but in another colour.

Libraraptor

Can't identify the theropod figure. But I am wondering if this deserves an extra topic. We do have an identification thread.

Justin_

It reminds me of what I'm guessing was meant to be a T-Rex from a boxed set of minis that were available at Early Learning Centre stores in the UK in the early '90s. Is there any text on the underside?

EverEvolvingSaurian

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor oh, sorry about that, I didn't know. I'll be sure to post things like this there in the future.

EverEvolvingSaurian

stargatedalek

Quote from: EverEvolvingSaurian on December 04, 2019, 12:59:01 AM
avatar_Justin_ @Justin_  it says underneath "Jakks China N"
That would be the manufacturer then. They generally make cheap games and the like, so it might be a piece from some sort of board game or set.

Libraraptor

Quote from: EverEvolvingSaurian on December 03, 2019, 09:04:19 PM
avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor oh, sorry about that, I didn't know. I'll be sure to post things like this there in the future.

Nothing to apologize for :D
It was just my old instinct from my time as a part of the moderators team. I always liked it as slim as possible with as few topics as necessary. :D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.