News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO Wilson, foot won’t stop warping

Started by EverEvolvingSaurian, December 06, 2019, 02:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverEvolvingSaurian

(Sorry in advance if there was are a topic/discussion already addressing warped and damaged figures, I looked around for a while but was unable to find one.)
To get to the point, my recently purchased PNSO Tyrannosaurus Wilson has some is with the feet warping. When I initially got him, he was unable to balance do to his foot being ever so slightly not flat, so I decided to do the old hot water trick to reposition the foot and toes. It worked for a short period, but over time it reverted to it original condition. I tried again several times, but the same thing happened. Eventually, I figured it was the base's effect on the feet, due to a variety of reasons, so I cut the pegs of (I might just make a new base) applied hot water to Wilson and repositioned the foot.... and it fell over eventually anyway. Does anybody know why this keeps happening, and if there is any way I could fix it?
"Be glad you are behind that fence, señor"

Lanthanotus

I do not own this figure, but my Safari Feathered Rex has the same issue, simply because the figure as a whole is too heavy, so the ankles bend over time under the weight.
For a first step you might try BlueTack under the feet. Fixes them in place and might prevent toppling over, but it may aswell prove not to be strong enough. The more secure method is, to bend the feet back into position with hot water and then drill deep into feet and ankles to add a strong steel wire into the leg. After successful fitting, this is fixed with super glue, cut and - if requiered- hidden with a bit of Fixit or GreenStuff and paint.
Good luck.

EverEvolvingSaurian

avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus thank you for the Advice! I will definitely keep that in mind.
"Be glad you are behind that fence, señor"

Shonisaurus

In my case, I prefer "soda experiments" metaphorically speaking, I don't risk putting cold water or hot water or using a dryer to avoid deterioration and even breakage of the figure. Do as I do (if you want) to keep the support that comes with the packaged figure to avoid deterioration and falls I keep it in figures such as Rebor acrocanthosaurus, Papo gorgosaurus, PNSO yangchuanosaurus, Nanmu carnotaurus or Favorite tarbosaurus, among other figures in this way you avoid more deterioration of the figure and they stay when you want perfectly standing.

I hope this advice can be of some use to you, that's what I do in my case.

SidB

Quote from: EverEvolvingSaurian on December 06, 2019, 11:59:22 AM
avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus thank you for the Advice! I will definitely keep that in mind.
This is good advise. I went through endless hot and cold water attempts with my classic Battat T-rex, version # 2, which is notoriously difficult to get to remain standing. The cold treatment was even amplified by spells in the freezer, which only provided a short-term fix. It was the careful drilling/ metal rod with glue, etc. that finally did the trick.

DinoToyForum

I have the same problem with my PNSO Wilson, I mentioned it inmy Dinotoyblog review of this figure. Fixing the feet only works temporarily, so my ultimate solution is to prop up the torso with an acrylic rod.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.