News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

An awesome "build-your-own" Dinosaur Theme Park game!

Started by cardboardghost, August 21, 2017, 10:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cardboardghost

I wanted to let everyone know about (what looks like to me to be) a new and exciting board game entitled DinoGenics which is running now on Kickstarter. 

In the game, players are competing to make the best Dinosaur Theme Park.   

The game has a lot of cool mechanisms built into it such as the ability for your dinosaurs to escape their enclosures, rampage through the park and eat visitors (which loses you points).  You keep your dinosaurs happy by feeding them meat (if they're carnivores) and if for some reason, you can't get your hands on any "primo" dino DNA, you always have to option of creating genetic mutants, which still gets you some points, but not as much as if you had created pure blood dinosaurs. 

There is even a black market you can use to acquire items and dinosaur DNA that others do not have access to.  There are a lot of cool features built into this game.  Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1541227444/dinogenics-dinosaur-park-management-and-corporate?ref=nav_search

And let me know what you think.  I've already backed it and I'd really like to see it go to publication.  For that reason, I think it would be great to start a conversation here.  8)

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

This look's look like a really neat version of operation genesis or jurassic world evolution! I definitely want to see this thing published!
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SBell

Quote from: TheRealSpinoRex on January 05, 2019, 11:20:38 AM
RIP The game

It was a year and a half ago! I'm surprised nobody else has tried again.

And I'm not counting Dinosaur Island. I spectated a game that lasted several hours (I only caught the last hour) and it was painfully dull.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.