News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Australia's Unique Dinosaurs

Started by Yutyrannus, September 25, 2012, 02:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

I recently saw a short documentary called Australia's Unique Dinosaurs. It was very cool but only 11 minutes long :o! It had a VERY cool Australovenator design which I will post here. It talks  about Diamintinosaurus, Australovenator, and an unnamed large theropod know from only a tooth and is estimated to have been even bigger than Australovenator. You can find it on YouTube if you want to watch it.

[attachment msg=19599][/attachment]

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

TheAllosaur

I have been wanting to see it so bad! Could you post a link???
Part-time genius!

TheAllosaur

I believe that the giant dinosaur they talk about is Ridge Ripper, a huge Neovenatorid from Australia. Rapator, another giant neovenatorid, I believe to be the same thing as Ridge Ripper.
Ugh, I'm starting to sound like Spock...
Part-time genius!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: TheAllosaur on September 25, 2012, 02:40:00 AM
I have been wanting to see it so bad! Could you post a link???
Sure. Here it is.

TheAllosaur

Part-time genius!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: TheAllosaur on September 25, 2012, 02:42:21 AM
I believe that the giant dinosaur they talk about is Ridge Ripper, a huge Neovenatorid from Australia. Rapator, another giant neovenatorid, I believe to be the same thing as Ridge Ripper.
Ugh, I'm starting to sound like Spock...
Cool.

Yutyrannus

TheAllosaur

don't waste your time, i'll find it.
Part-time genius!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: TheAllosaur on September 25, 2012, 02:52:51 AM
don't waste your time, i'll find it.
Try this. It has a link to it.

Click Here

TheAllosaur

Part-time genius!

Brontozaurus

That Australovenator is definitely the work of Travis Tischler. Among other things he was responsible for the reconstructions of Australovenator, Diamantinasaurus and Wintonatitan that were included in articles about their discovery.

I would also recommend checking out a recent documentary called 'Australia: A Time Traveller's Guide', the dinosaur-centric third episode of which features a lot of Tischler's designs.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

TheAllosaur

I wanna see them but can't find any videos.
Part-time genius!

Brontozaurus

Yeah, there's no episodes of it on Youtube, just the ads. Someone uploaded the first episode but it seems to have been taken down. The official site has some clips.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

TheAllosaur

Part-time genius!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.