News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Alien Collection by Lanard

Started by ItsTwentyBelow, March 18, 2020, 08:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsTwentyBelow

Hey gang,

Was browsing Walmart for a JW Sarcosuchus yesterday when I found something else I never knew I needed instead. Apparently the same company who does those cheap Dino Riders style figures at Walmart has recently been given an official Alien franchise license, and so I was totally surprised to find this new Walmart exclusive line.

The aliens themselves are bright colors, but oddly the sculpts are totally awesome. I've never been an Aliens collector but these sucked me in, and the price was right. $9.84 for a set with a Xenomorph, egg w/Facehugger, and human. The human figures are hokey but there is some really cool original stuff like a scaled-down version of the APC from Aliens for 15 bucks. Check out the link for a good rundown on this brand new line:

https://toybook.com/lanard-introduces-the-alien-collection-at-walmart/

Pics of a couple things. I saw this 1 foot tall Queen Alien on the shelf, which is the centerpiece of the set at around $20. It's tempting but is also about a foot tall!

I think this set with the facehugger is for sure my favorite of the three $9.84 sets. The guy's helmet is removable, but the alien itself is just so cool. Its articulation reminds me a bit of the super articulated Indoraptor figure. They should have thrown an egg in with the queen too!

I grabbed the gold alien set and the red dog alien set. I might need that "power loader" as well to have all three standard alien sculpts. I really am intrigued and hope we see a few more waves! Stuff from Prometheus too would be nice.

EmperorDinobot

I like these. I love Lanard toys. Good scale, tons of weapons, lots of cool opportunities for adventure! I never did expect them to do Alien toys though! It's nice to find a cheap alternative to the NECA ones, who have been working on Kenner nostalgia figures for a while now, and I gotta say, they look fantastic, but this is a cool, cheap way to introduce kids to the franchise that scared the living eggs out of us all back then.

ItsTwentyBelow

Right on. Something about them just struck a chord with me.

Internet discussion suggests that these have been very well-received, with good sales, and so Lanard is probably planning to release a second wave.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I picked up the Queen for nostalgia's sake. Not a bad figure.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on March 25, 2020, 02:29:18 AM
Right on. Something about them just struck a chord with me.

Internet discussion suggests that these have been very well-received, with good sales, and so Lanard is probably planning to release a second wave.

That is awesome! If only they would popularize Primal Clash though...They only sell them in those clandestine mall toy stores.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.