News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

We found another Mosasaurus!

Started by Roselaar, September 21, 2012, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

http://www.scientias.nl/enorme-dinosaurus-ontdekt-in-limburgse-mergelgroeve/72413

I haven't found an English article, sorry. Short story is, the same formation that yielded the original Mosasaurus in the late 1800s (which was then stolen by those damn Frenchies  >:() and the more recent Prognathodon has now delivered a new specimen, some 13 meters in length. Another seminal, pivotal, landmark entry in the Dutch track record on the Mesozoic, the whole of which now consists of three marine reptile fossils instead of a mere two.  ;D

DinoToyForum

TheAllosaur

Part-time genius!

mnemosaurus

I'm definitely going to make a trip to the Natural History Museum in Maastricht this Christmas as they are planning to show it to the public by then  :D

Ikessauro

Hum.. 13 meters is quite big, isn't ? I hope they release photos of the fossil.

ZoPteryx

Roselaar

Quote from: Ikessauro on September 23, 2012, 02:20:06 AM
Hum.. 13 meters is quite big, isn't ? I hope they release photos of the fossil.

That'll take a while, they're still digging it up. I'd be surprised if they make the Christmas deadline for exhibition.

Jetoar

Congratulations. I would like to see the Mosasaurus but I will not be able to go  :-\.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.