News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Repair broken limb of Papo figure

Started by JustaDad, April 14, 2020, 08:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustaDad

Hi,

So I just bought two beautiful Papo figures for my kids: the running T-rex and the Spinosaurus. The level of detail is amazing! Unfortunately my eldest son broke the leg of his Spinosaurus on the first day (!) and was devastated. I tried glueing the leg but glue does not adhere. I tried googling to find what materials Papo figures are made from but could not find anything. Therefore I decided to register here and ask the experts...

1. What material are Papo figures made from: is it a plastic, a rubber, a resin of some kind?

2. How could I best repair a broken limb such that it is structurally strong again? It is one of the forelegs so does not carry any weight but my son should be able to play with it again so it should be able to withstand some force...

Thanks in advance for any info / advice! 

PumperKrickel

I already answered in the other thread, but hereĀ“s a video showing the fix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifpmR461ZIw

He uses epoxy resin, but for this specific case any glue should work just fine.

stargatedalek

You're going to need crazy(/krazy) glue, or gorilla glue. Plastic cement is theoretically stronger but is also messy and difficult to use, and I personally can't tell the difference in strength.

Syndicate Bias

The only thing I use is Epoxy resin glue like Loctite or that Weld whatever it is called with 5000 something strength it is solid rock after it cures. I can attest to how strong it is for very top heavy models like my MO models Carcha or keeping my REBOR acro completely cemented to the base without worrying about it.

I'm not sure how it would react to Papo's plastic figures though but it seems fine on REBOR figures but I think they're something else I'm not sure.

EmperorDinobot

I'd use cyanoacrylate hobby-grade glue and an accelerant spray. It NEVER fails.
Sorry this happened to your kids. It really blows when someone gets something new and it breaks on the spot.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.