You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo Giganotosaurus- Revised with natural posing

Started by croco_105, April 04, 2020, 09:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

croco_105

Inspired by Loon's post here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8565.msg253861;topicseen#new
I took the official Papo images and reworked them in Photoshop to be a bit more natural......less horrifying.  I referenced Eofauna and Scott Hartman for this.
skull changed, arms smaller, legs less muscular, overall proportions fixed

Original

Revised

EDIT* I just saw that someone else did a rework of the posing a while back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dsrXCOp3GQ&feature=emb_logo

Syndicate Bias

Shonisaurus

If Papo had made a giganotosaurus like the one you show, he would be an interesting figure and would pay anything to buy that beauty. The actual giganotosaurus to be marketed is a well-sculpted figure but the pose is genuinely flawed in absolute terms and differs greatly from the image that we all of the DTF members have of what a theropod in life should be like. Argentine dinosaur.

SidB

avatar_croco_105 @croco_105 , your masterpiece of renewal is a reminder of possibilities lost. I can't remember any company having had such an opportunity, with such a level of anticipation and market readiness, as Papo and the Giganotosaurus, and having massively squandered this moment. Kudos for you and hisses and rotten tomatos   for Papo.

Shonisaurus

avatar_croco_105 @croco_105 That spinosaurus from i-Toy looks very good, although due to the appearance of its front legs (not webbed) it does not look like a scientific spinosaurus.

Duna

Quote from: croco_105 on April 04, 2020, 09:08:45 AM
Inspired by Loon's post here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8565.msg253861;topicseen#new
I took the official Papo images and reworked them in Photoshop to be a bit more natural......less horrifying.  I referenced Eofauna and Scott Hartman for this.
skull changed, arms smaller, legs less muscular, overall proportions fixed
WOW ... with no doubt your work is the best update for the Papo giga I have seen. I has just the perfect pose as it follows very closely the Scott's skeleton. And your skills with Photoshop are really good.

Great job!

croco_105

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 04, 2020, 09:27:53 AM
I'll pay top dollar send it my way  >:D

Quote from: SidB on April 04, 2020, 01:20:53 PM
avatar_croco_105 @croco_105 , your masterpiece of renewal is a reminder of possibilities lost. I can't remember any company having had such an opportunity, with such a level of anticipation and market readiness, as Papo and the Giganotosaurus, and having massively squandered this moment. Kudos for you and hisses and rotten tomatos   for Papo.

Quote from: Duna on April 09, 2020, 02:49:40 PM
WOW ... with no doubt your work is the best update for the Papo giga I have seen. I has just the perfect pose as it follows very closely the Scott's skeleton. And your skills with Photoshop are really good.

Great job!

Thanks! I'm afraid this posing is too natural and not extreme enough for a Papo model.  Too bad because the skin texture and painting is very good

Carnoking

Love seeing people give their spin to this horrendously posed model. I did this one a while back. Tried to make sure it still looked like a Papo styled model while also looking a bit less extreme

EmperorDinobot

Now that's the Giganotosaurus we should have gotten. The proportions are right and it's delightful to the eye.

Shonisaurus

It would be the best giganotosaurus ever made by a toy brand if that were the real Papo giganotosaurus. It has been a wasted occasion.

EmperorDinobot

Yeah. The one they made looks like it is being run over by Argentinosaurus.

SidB

Utterly magnificent - sign me up for one if you open up your own factory.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.