News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Carnotaurus Rex

Started by andrewsaurus rex, May 15, 2021, 02:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewsaurus rex

what's a Carnotaurus Rex?   I like the size of the figure but it's kind of chunky looking with big feet.  Anyone have this figure that can comment on it?

Does Rebor have any other Carnotaurus figures coming out this year?...perhaps in their Grab N Go line?

Carnoking

Carnotaurus rex is a reference to the production of Disney's "Dinosaur". Originally, the villain of the film was going to be the classic T. rex, but they decided to switch things up and go with a Carnotaurus. That didn't stop them from scaling up Carnotaurus to the size of a T. rex and giving it some rex-like characteristics (a wide skull, for example). I personally do not have REBOR's yet, but am eagerly awaiting for it to arrive at BBTS as it is one of my all time favorite dinosaurs of pop culture. As far as other Carnos from REBOR go, no there are no plans at the moment that they have made public. The only other Carno they have is their original "Crimson King", which has become somewhat difficult to track down. If you're thirsting for a scientific model of Carnotaurus in the meantime, the new PNSO offering isn't half bad.

andrewsaurus rex

thanks for the info.  I wasn't aware of the DD connection. 

I like the Crimson King model and it's fairly easy to find  on ebay, probably in knock off form, but the size is too small for my tastes.  That's why I was interested in this new Rebor Carnotaurus figure because it's about 16 inches long.  Nice size.  But I don't like the sculpt very much; too bulky, short legged and big headed.......but at least now I know why.

So, the wait for a decent quality 1/18-1/20 Carnotaurus figure continues I guess.  Sigh.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.