News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

NECA 7" Scale Bruce The Great White (JAWS)

Started by Over9K, June 22, 2020, 05:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

This was posted by @NECA_TOYS on Twitter a couple days ago...

Oh my... want this SO BADLY!

triceratops83

Whoa, an absolute must have for me. Looks like it'll cost a fortune, though.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Dinoxels

It's like twice the size of the BOTM Trike, so I can't imagine how much this is gonna be.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Flaffy

So NECA is willing to do massive figures like this... but isn't willing to do a Ghidorah for some odd reason, despite high demand.  ???

CityRaptor

Wasn't there something about Ghidorah being too niche despite appearing in a recent movie? Meanwhile Bruce was only in the first Jaws movie in 1975...That sounds niche to me!

Also, at this point it looks like a plush toy. Might aswell get one of those Ikea plush sharks instead.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 22, 2020, 06:22:06 PM
Wasn't there something about Ghidorah being too niche despite appearing in a recent movie? Meanwhile Bruce was only in the first Jaws movie in 1975...That sounds niche to me!

Also, at this point it looks like a plush toy. Might aswell get one of those Ikea plush sharks instead.

I think Bruce has a much broader appeal than Ghidorah. I mean, Ghidorah is a big deal in Godzilla fandom but Godzilla: King of the Monsters was a box office bomb. Godzilla and company is more niche than Jaws, one of the most loved and iconic movies of all time.  That fact might not be apparent from our point of view but I do believe it's true. That said, it still does not make sense that NECA wouldn't make a Ghidorah.

Anyway, I'm interested but price will be a factor. I don't generally collect NECA stuff. I already have the Funko ReAction Bruce.

Over9K

Quote from: Dinoxels on June 22, 2020, 10:16:22 AM
It's like twice the size of the BOTM Trike, so I can't imagine how much this is gonna be.

If they can do their incredible 1/4 scale, hyper-articulated stuff, like that 40th Anniversary Big Chap Xenomorph, for just $100...

Papi-Anon

Best part about this Bruce is that it looks to be about 30-32" long (Bruce canonically is 25ft and Neca's human figures are approx. 1/9 scale), so it could work as Bruce from Jaws with Neca humans, the mother shark from Jaws 3/3D for 1/12 figures, and as a lower size-estimate Megalodon for 3"-4" figures such as the old Kenner JP humans and the newer Mattel JWFK humans (excluding Amber series).
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.