News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BOTM Tyrannosaurs vs Ceratopsians

Started by suspsy, January 23, 2021, 07:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Pretty sure I already did this awhile back in another thread, but here's a list of who would have clashed with who. Might help some folks with deciding which ones to buy. Keep in mind that some of them either don't have any counterparts in BotM, or don't have any at all (that we know of) from their various locations and time periods, namely Alectrosaurus, Eotyrannus, Proceratosaurus, Guanlong (would have had Yinlong), Moros, Qianzhousaurus, Tarbosaurus, Protoceratops (already matched with Velociraptor anyway), and Sinoceratops (would have had Zhuchengtyrannus).

If you think I've missed any matches, please let me know in a comment and I'll edit the OP!

Dilong—Psittacosaurus

Yutyrannus—Psittacosaurus

Suskityrannus—Zuniceratops

Teratophoneus—Kosmoceratops, Nasutoceratops, Utahceratops

Lythronax—Diabloceratops

Bistahieversor—Pentaceratops

Gorgosaurus—Albertaceratops, Avaceratops, Centrosaurus, Chasmosaurus, Einiosaurus, Monoclonius, Pentaceratops, Spiclypeus, Styracosaurus

Albertosaurus—Pachyrhinosaurus, Regaliceratops

Daspletosaurus—Albertaceratops, Avaceratops, Centrosaurus, Chasmosaurus, Einiosaurus, Monoclonius, Pachyrhinosaurus, Pentaceratops, Spiclypeus, Styracosaurus, Wendiceratops, and possibly Xenoceratops

Tyrannosaurus rex—Torosaurus, Triceratops
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Giganotosaurus

Thanks very much for the list! Now I know for sure to get a Teratophoneus. A but of a bummer none will go with a Sinoceratops, but that's alright.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

suspsy

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on January 23, 2021, 07:50:57 PM
Thanks very much for the list! Now I know for sure to get a Teratophoneus. A but of a bummer none will go with a Sinoceratops, but that's alright.

Yeah, I still don't get why Zhuchengtyrannus wasn't included. For that matter, I don't understand why Moros was chosen over Xiongguanlong.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm guessing he just liked the idea of having a predator called 'impending doom' in his line.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Smilodon P.

Well thought! This helps a lot people who want to keep them separated by Formations .

One question, do you think it's good to put Psittacosaurus together with Dilong? After all, although the colors are based on the mummy of Psittacosaurus Sp. (Probably from Yixian), the figure is of a P. mongoliensis that was common in the Jiufotang Formation, while the species that co-lived with the tyrannosauroid in the Lujiatun Bed of Yixian was the P. lujiatunensis.
(Of course, we may one day discover it in the same geographic area and time period, but I would choose not to put it together at the moment.)

suspsy

Well, the BotM Psittacosaurus is as close a match as you can get for Dilong, unless CB creates variant heads further down the road. That would be pretty nifty.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.