News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Supination in Wld Republic T.rex

Started by Balaur, September 30, 2012, 11:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

I need help on supinating my Wild Republic T.rex.

How do I safely cut off the hands, and glue them back on?

tyrantqueen

Use a hobby knife to remove them. Reattach with strong super glue, and resculpt with epoxy putty.

Heating the plastic with a hairdryer will soften it, allowing for easier cutting with the hobby knife.

I would reccomend that you only attempt to mod your Rex if you are 100% confident in what you are doing, or you don't care if you muck it up and wreck a figure.

Balaur

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 30, 2012, 11:24:19 PM
Use a hobby knife to remove them. Reattach with strong super glue, and resculpt with epoxy putty.

Heating the plastic with a hairdryer will soften it, allowing for easier cutting with the hobby knife.

I would reccomend that you only attempt to mod your Rex if you are 100% confident in what you are doing, or you don't care if you muck it up and wreck a figure.

Okay, thanks tyrantqueen! I'll probably fix him sooner or later...

amargasaurus cazaui

I am surprised I beat Niroot to this one...cause he will say, make sure you understand you are NOT supinating the hands. You are placing them to the neutral , or semi supinated condition. And yes he IS quite hung up on that lol
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Himmapaan

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 01, 2012, 05:02:37 AM
I am surprised I beat Niroot to this one...cause he will say, make sure you understand you are NOT supinating the hands. You are placing them to the neutral , or semi supinated condition. And yes he IS quite hung up on that lol
;D :)) ;D

Balaur

Thanks for the clarification amargasaurus! I am glad to anounce that my first repositioning of the hands on a dinosaur figure has been successful. It looks so much coolr than before, even with a little ajustment. Pics will be posted soon!

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on October 02, 2012, 01:31:42 AM
Thanks for the clarification amargasaurus! I am glad to anounce that my first repositioning of the hands on a dinosaur figure has been successful. It looks so much coolr than before, even with a little ajustment. Pics will be posted soon!
Quite alright, between Niroot and Pixel, and then later Wings , I was given a first class forum style education on this particular topic. Enough so that I was able to place the arms of my Psittacosaurus skeleton in the neutral as well.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.