You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Trivia: Rod Serling and Robert J. Serling

Started by dragon53, February 04, 2022, 08:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

TRIVIA---Robert J. Serling was a pilot, aviation editor for United Press International and the older brother of THE TWILIGHT ZONE creator Rod Serling. Robert was the technical adviser on THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "The Odyssey of Flight 33" in which an airliner enters a time warp and is transported back to prehistoric times when dinosaurs roamed the Earth.
Robert J. Serling also wrote the best-selling novel THE PRESIDENT'S PLANE IS MISSING which was made into a tv movie starring Buddy Ebsen and Peter Graves.

Robert J. Serling (right) with his younger brother, Rod Serling (left), creator of THE TWILIGHT ZONE.

Robert was the technical adviser on THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "The Odyssey of Flight 33" in which an airliner enters a time warp and is transported back to prehistoric times when dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

Robert also wrote the best-selling novel THE PRESIDENT'S PLANE IS MISSING which was made into a tv movie starring Buddy Ebsen and Peter Graves.

JohannesB

I have seen all too little episodes of The Twilight Zone. Some are simply great television. I never knew about Robert Serling though. I did not know anything about Rod Serling either, really. I once saw an interview with him, and in it one could immediately tell he was a highly intelligent and creative person of great integrity. I got even more respect for him. It made me decide to watch a movie which was based on a story by him. The film is called 'Patterns' (1956) and I think it is just marvelous. So 'simple' a setting, but so complex and fascinating a story!

stoneage

I loved it when I was a kid and allowed to stay up to 10 PM.  He did such a great job with out having much in the way of special effects.  I remember a show where they had a small alien aircraft and the aliens appeared to be little wind up toys.

dragon53

STONEAGE:

I think the episode you saw was "The Invaders" in which a lone woman in a remote cabin is attacked by small spacemen from a small flying saucer. The surprise ending is the flying saucer is a US Air Force spaceship and the small spacemen are astronauts who landed on a planet inhabited by giant people.

Trivia: the tiny astronauts are really puppets with the hand provided by the director of the episode. The flying saucer is a model copied from the flying saucer in FORBIDDEN PLANET. The woman is Agnes Moorehead---Endora on BEWITCHED. I have a model of the tiny astronaut.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.