News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Splendidhand - Jakapil and Moschops

Started by Blackdanter, February 12, 2023, 01:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackdanter

I've just ordered these two figures from Splendidhand - Splendid Editions.

They caught my eye as they're Invicta inspired and molded from hand sculpted figures.

Jakapil

Moschops

Anyone already have these? They're made to order so it'll be a while before I have them.

Link to Etsy page:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/splendidhand?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1301376173

Avian

These seem very Marx-esque to me, even texture-wise.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

TheCambrianCrusader

That Moschop's face looks a lil funky to me. Otherwise they look really cool!

Ludodactylus

The lower jaw is so deep on Moschops; looking at skeletals now it seems like maybe I'm just used to a very skinny-jawed restoration? It ends up looking almost frog-like here.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: Ludodactylus on February 25, 2023, 02:50:56 AMThe lower jaw is so deep on Moschops; looking at skeletals now it seems like maybe I'm just used to a very skinny-jawed restoration? It ends up looking almost frog-like here.
Looks like the problem is that the orbit is just a little too high on the skull, I think thats probably whats giving it a froggy look

Blackdanter

The Moschops has arrived (the Jakapil is en-route but I think its' now discontinued). It looks pink in the photos but it's actually a brown/beige colour.

I'm rather pleased with it.

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: Blackdanter on March 01, 2023, 01:33:59 PMThe Moschops has arrived (the Jakapil is en-route but I think its' now discontinued). It looks pink in the photos but it's actually a brown/beige colour.

I'm rather pleased with it.
Oooh it looks even better in those pictures

Blackdanter

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.