News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Animated 3D walking Allosaurus skeleton

Started by Dinoreplicas, June 14, 2017, 10:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoreplicas

Something a bit different from traditional dinosaur art.

Sketchfab link - sorry, had to remove

Modelled in blender 2.77 using a combination of photo reference and these papers:
Gilmore 1920 - http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/bibliography/61883#/summary
Madsen 1976 - http://carnegiequarry.com/wp-content/uploads/Madsen-1976-Allosaurus-A-Revised-Osteology.pdf

This model mostly represents specimen UUVP 6000 but material from other Allosaurus fossils have been thrown into the mix depending on where I could get decent info.
Walking gait is loosely based on that of an ostrich.

I'm hoping to produce a 3D print from this model sometime.

Minmiminime

That's exceptional work! I could watch that all day. Very well done ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Mamasaurus

Such stunning work!  The movement is just hypnotizing, I could watch it all day.  And I love how you can turn it to watch it walk from all different angles! :D 

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.