You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Question about Hell Creek and the Western Interior Seaway

Started by crankydinosaur, October 28, 2013, 10:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crankydinosaur

Okay I'm confused. If the Hell Creek was parts of Montana, North / South Dakota and Wyoming but the Western Interior Seaway covered those areas.... where did the fauna live. I know it was a shallow sea but..... I'm confused.

SBell

They were different times in the late Cretaceous--the WIS stretched from the Yukon south at some points, but by the latest Cretaceous had receded such that areas like Montana and Saskatchewan were now (more or less) on the western shore of the seaway, while the seaway itself was further east and/or south.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.